Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens! | Page 32 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Incredible recovery from NW5: the power of super aggressive regimens!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by recedingyt, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Derelict

Derelict Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Never would have pegged you for previously being a man, great success story, thanks for sharing. Also good to hear you credit much of your hair regrowth to minoxidil, hope you have a happy life.

2. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi, any news?, now are you with sandalore?

3. shywriter7

shywriter7 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That's crazy!!!

4. JPLC

JPLC Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    #624 JPLC, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  5. Manochoice

Manochoice Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Damn! That regimen is nuts! But you have impressive results!

Itsnoahkennedy likes this.
  6. Itsnoahkennedy

Itsnoahkennedy Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I just got Spironolactone 200mg from a dr online yesterday, & im going to pick it up from the pharmacy tomorrow. I am going to an actual doctors office before i start ingesting this to see if it is safe for me in the first place since it is a potasium sparing diuretic, i can't wait to start taking it though, i might get estrogen too if finasteride + spironolactone + estro will finally allow my hair to grow, ive been diffuse thinning for years and nothing so far has helped but i'm crossing my fingers for this, i never cared what gender i was as long as i have all my hair, i love my hair.

Ikarus, bridgeburn and JPLC like this.
  7. recedingyt

recedingyt Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I just wanted to give a slight update, no pictures at this time but regardless I wanted to share I have changed my regimen and my hair is improving yet again, at least for now. I currently take:

7mg estradiol valerate injected intramuscular every 5 days
    0.5mg dutasteride every day
    50mg Bicalutamide every day
    100mg Progesterone orally every day (am planning on switching to rectal administration soon, no I am not joking)
    1% ketoconazole shampoo 2-3x/week
    OGX Biotin & Collagen shampoo/conditioner on days I don't use keto.
    1% Sandalore/Vanicream mixture 2-3x/week
    Microneedling @ 2mm 1x/week, using 10mg/mL Lithium Chloride immediately after

I am noticing more fine white hairs coming down the length of my forehead quite far actually, and the stubborn temples are getting darker. Too soon after restarting my regimen to tell if they're going to actually do anything more than this. In the past I have had trouble getting the entire frontal region to grow past 1-3" long (the 'island' in the middle of the hairline seems to grow til about 3-4" and then stop, whereas the temples are lucky to make it to 1" long)

8. transam

transam Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    YT, I wanted to ask you;
    back when you used minoxidil, did you notice flaking & or a dry scalp? If so, how did you combat that?
    I'm dealing with it now.

Anyway, thanks for the update! Glad everything is good!

9. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Oh I should update that to include that I still do minoxidil 5% 1x/daily and I try to also do a second application with 15% minoxidil in the frontal region, although admittedly I am not as consistent with the second dose as I'd like to be. 4-5x a week on that.

I definitely have problems with dry scalp as a result, mostly I try to combat it by using a hydrating shampoo and conditioner - ogx biotin and collagen, in the past I used the keratin one in a red bottle as well and liked it, perhaps even more so for combating the dry scalp but it was quite heavy on my hair and contributed to it looking thin. Other than that I haven't really found anything that helps a whole lot, in the past I tried upping the amount of times I use my ketoconazole shampoo since it's primary purpose is actually anti-dandruff and scalp irritation, but it just seemed to make it worse the more I used it. Head and shoulders didn't really work for me either.

Sorry if that wasn't helpful, but I haven't found a cure myself tbh although the conditioner every day definitely seems to be helping cut back on the amount, but not eliminating it entirely (keep in mind my real hair is about halfway down my back at this point so conditioning often makes sense for me, it might not for you)

10. transam

transam Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Lol, Your process is a lot like mine!
    I've slowed down on using ketoconazole cuz it dries my scalp, Im using a moisturizing shampoo, with conditioner.

The only thing that I'm doing different is now Im moisturizing my scalp inbtween minoxidil applications.
    So in the morning, after my minoxidil application, I'll wait about 4 hours, wash it off, then apply oil to my scalp...Then let that sit until my night time application of minoxidil.

Guess we're kind of on the same boat, but regardless, your response was more than helpful!
    Thank you so much YT!!!

11. Obsessive

Obsessive Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I like that you're including LiCl in your topical regimen. Makes sense in theory but seems that so few are actually doing this. With your multifaceted regimen, it's probably hard to credit some of the regrowth to LiCl but still wanted to ask?

12. recedingyt

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah I honestly can't really credit any one thing in particular for my regrowth, but I've seen enough studies about WNT pathway signaling to convince me that it's a worthwhile thing to explore. I definitely think it's helping me, given that when I first started using it, it only took a couple weeks for a ton of white vellus hairs to pop up all along my hairline... I just can't really prove it lol