Important stuff that was deleted with forum change:

CCS

Reaction score
Micheal Barry found the following:

*Balding scalp has 4.4x as much prosteglandin g2 (or something2) as hairy scalp.
*There is a patent out for a topical that inhibits that prosteglandin, and will fight baldness, rosacea, and some other stuff too.
*MB found a study showing that green tea extract inhibits that prosteglandin very well.
*mb found a study showing that green tea extract inhibits body hair mass by 50% after just 15 once a day doses. EGCG does this even at 1% concentration.

you can buy bulk EGCG at http://www.beyondacenturyonline.com, http://www.bulknutrition.com, and other places. 50 grams for $9 plus shipping.

MB, now that you've seen how strong eGCG is, are you still convinced that peppermint is hard on hair in general? Also, you can get licorice extract for $20 per 1/4 pound, or $32 per 1/2 pound (110 grams and 225 grams). That is probably a 5 year supply. There is no smell. Are you going to add that to your shampoo? I saw a reference to a study that claimed 10% glycwhatever acid in shampoo inhibited sebum production 100% in 1 week.

CCS

Reaction score
not long ago, I read people saying they need topicals to slow down fibrosis. Then I read that internal finasteride is the strongest agent we have for slowing fibrosis.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
why they deleted sh*t??WTF??? That is really :gay:

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
My posts are deleted too. I've had a positive experience with Vicco turmeric, so I'll probably be using it indefinitely until I find something better (it's so so so cheap.. I get it for $3.99 at a local afghan/indian/pakistani/middle east/what have you shop, and my hair looks great afterwards.. so I can't complain since I feel kinda hot again).

I'm happy they switched the forum back to the old style, they incorporated all the 'New research/discovery/etc' in the useless General section the other day.

Anyhow, ccc, or whoever, I consume around 2.4G ECGC for 6 weeks, and then cycle off for around 4 weeks (not related or for hair loss). It sounds more promising to use as a topical to me, should anything else be combined in the topical? I wonder if it'd be wise to leave it in your hair for a hour.. I notice if I sleep with the turmeric in my hair it aesthetically seems to work a lot better... after washing it out, I use nizoral.. using this combination probably 5x a week. Hair loss fall out has seemingly been reduced, but has definitely not halted.. but I'll be watching it for the next few months.. it's a very promising addition for me.

A

Administrator

No posts were deleted.

When we did the first forum change, they were just moved into one big forum. Thrown into a pile, if you will. Instead of being separated.

Now we have had to roll back to a snapshot of the forum from two days ago, so we could do it over the right way this time.

Anything posted in the last 48 hours was lost, but nothing was deleted. And all original forums are still here, just reorganized.

Admin

michael barry

Reaction score
CCS wrote

MB, now that you've seen how strong eGCG is, are you still convinced that peppermint is hard on hair in general? Also, you can get licorice extract for $20 per 1/4 pound, or $32 per 1/2 pound (110 grams and 225 grams). That is probably a 5 year supply

I think finasteride + green tea extract is "enough" more than I worry about menthol and/or licorice. It would seem those two would pack a good anti-androgenic wallop. I'll try and quickly get those other posts back up.

riptiduh

Reaction score
Michael, I would love to know how you are making your topical.

I made one recently with 14mL of Ethyl Alcohol, 3mL of Jojoba Oil and 5 (1mL scoops) of Green Tea.
I don't know if this is really affective since it evaporates so quick. The Jojoba oil doesn't seem to help either.

CCS, Michael? You guys nailed down a good GTE topical formula?

oyo

Established Member
Reaction score
riptiduh said:
Michael, I would love to know how you are making your topical.

I made one recently with 14mL of Ethyl Alcohol, 3mL of Jojoba Oil and 5 (1mL scoops) of Green Tea.
I don't know if this is really affective since it evaporates so quick. The Jojoba oil doesn't seem to help either.

CCS, Michael? You guys nailed down a good GTE topical formula?

i really think you need something to stabilise the GTE unless you mix that up every few days.

powersam

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Then I read that internal finasteride is the strongest agent we have for slowing fibrosis.

where you read this? would dutasteride have same effect?

riptiduh

Reaction score
i really think you need something to stabilise the GTE unless you mix that up every few days.

How in the great name do you do that? Stabilize it?

These questions gotta be answered.........