Importance of dry scalp when applying minoxidil

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently started going to the gym before work (rather than after) and showering at work. I don't have much time and try to get my hair/scalp as dry as possible before applying my minoxidil (still within my shower cubicle - behind a closed door) but its rarely totall dry.

I've noticed my results have been a little poorer recently and am wondering if this might have something to do with it.

Any experience or advice??

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
They say that applying minoxidil to a damp scalp usually results in greater absorption. The danger is the risk of systemic absorption resulting in a risk of side effects (chest pains, dizziness, etc.). I doubt your results from the drug would suffer when applying to a damp scalp.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
should not be affected by wet scalp if it not dripping wet. here a quote from regrowth.com-
Wet scalp skin increases the penetration of topical drugs by several times (2x-5x more powerful). Because Rogaine does have side effects, they must attempt to keep you from increasing its potency and thereby side effects. However, if you apply Rogaine and do not experience any side effects, you might try applying it to wet scalp if you want to make it more potent. Be sure you have someone around if you do this since there is a change that you may not experience side effects on dry scalp, but may with wet scalp. If you experience side effects when applying Rogaine to dry hair, DEFINITELY *NEVER* apply it to your hair wet and be sure to follow Upjohn's instructions about not letting your hair get wet for 4 hours.

From personal experiences, I have heard many people who have said that Minoxidil did not work well for them, but after they started applying it to a wet scalp, it started working much better.

made_guy82

Established Member
Reaction score
damn it. now i have to find another excuse for my lackluster results of late.

thanks guys