I'm sure all you can relate...

KragDug75

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am a 26 year old male considering hair tranplantation surgery in about a year or so. I have been in HCM for 3 years, and have used Toppik for this past year. I'm sick of worrying about my hair all the freakin time. I'm a constant hat wearer and am currently shaving my head. I have really been researching the transplant information here on the internet and even with a few horror stories here and there (mostly about pluggy hair grafts), I'm still quite impressed with the current technology and most of the information out there.

Now I want to talk to people just like myself and get some opinions from real people who have done it. I don't want to rush into this, so I'm getting on propecia for at LEAST a year before I do anything. I'm doing this for 2 reasons: one is to see if Propecia can stop my hair loss so I won't have to anticipate further balding and extra surgery (maybe even grow a little), the other is to see if I can possibly become comfortable with a bald head (which I HATE, right now).

I went to HCM after I had been balding for about 2 years mostly frontal. since then my hair has thinned up top in the normal areas it does in most men. HCM worked for awhile but I got tired of worrying if a girl would notice or worse yet, discover it during sex and what not. However, the HCM piece looked very good most of the time and I was able to date very attractive girls. The only problem was that I could never get close to any of them because of my paranoia about my rug. It forced me to become an a**h** and stop seeing girls I really wanted to be with for fear of them finding out and telling everyone I know. Lucky for me (I guess) no one evr found out to my knowledge but I felt empty inside.

So last year I shaved my head. I wouldn't say I was flat out disgusted by my appearance, but I was not happy. I grew out the hair I had until I could use Toppik in it, which I continued to use for a year. It looked good, but required constant attention especially on the hairline. I have just recently landed a job where I cannot wear a hat anymore so I decided to go back to shaving, and that's where I'm at now. Still not happy.

Anyways, that's my story and surgery seems to be the only way to get a natural result in every way, permanently. I plan to gain as much knowledge as I can in the next year so when I decide to take the plunge, I'll do it right. Thanks for all your help.

G

Recommendation:

Grow your hair out
Start using Propecia, nizoral and Minoxidil right now. Stay on this regimine and dont deviate.
Wait two years
Go to a reputable surgeon, you have two years to research and find one.
If appropriate have hair transplant

I would be happy to elaborate.

Brucelee

KragDug75

Reaction score
hello

thanks bruce. I understand you have had a transplant and yes, please elaborate on your experience, I am thirsty for knowledge. I don't really want to grow out my hair just yet, but I am definitely getting on propecia. Also what's Nizoral? Is that a shampoo? Also anyone else out there reading this who had a transplant, are you happy with it? I'm not expecting to have a full head of hair again I just want to be cosmetically acceptable to myself. Also tell me about scars, they scare me for the simple reason that, if I get a bad transplant, or a transplant that won't grow, I'll probably want to shave my head again, and if I have a scar, I won't be able to do that, right?

G

.>>Also what's Nizoral? Is that a shampoo?>>

Yes it is an anti fungal shampoo that is synergistic with propecia and minoxidil. See the research section of this website for the data on it. It works. I add TSAL to the Nizoral and let it stay on my scalp for 5 minutes and then rinse. Use every third day.

You could use NANO shampoo the other days. It likely will help and is also covered in the research section.

>>Also anyone else out there reading this who had a transplant, are you happy with it? >>

I have had a total of 3 over twelve years, all reasonably modest and all in the front. That way I did not go from being bald to a full head of hair overnight. Nice and steady and gradual.

The scars can be an issue. There is a new process whereby they extract the donor hair but only a few MDs do this and it sounds rather sketchy to me. I always figured that if I shaved my head, I would create some Vietnam story to freak people out who were rude enough to ask. You could create your own (Gulf War, whatever).

Hey, F--k'em if they can't take a joke!

Good luck

Brucelee