I'm about 8 weeks into laser treatments.

G

I have been reading alot of these posts for a month or so now, and basically it comes down to everyone being different, and having different results. I started laser treatments about 8 weeks ago, and I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. This unit looks like a big hair dryer that you would sit under in a hair salon. But this has rotating red light beams.The process is once a week for 30 minutes.

I live in the Detroit area so the clinic is only about 20 minutes from me. The weekly process starts off with a 2 minute session under a ultraviolet lite to kill off bacteria, then they run a little gizmo that basically shocks your scalp to open up the hair folicles, then they put there "DHT" blocker on then under the laser for 30 minutes.

I think I have notice a bit of difference how my hair feels, but no physical looking change yet. Though this is only my 8th visit of about a needed 50, so I will keep you posted on this form of treatment.

Has anyone else tried this? If so.. any success!

Also as far as DHT blockers go, I read that the only proven one is Monoxidil, and all the shampoo blockers out there don't work. Any stories on these?

Steve

KO_thomas

Reaction score
The laser treatments sound like an interesting option. Keep us updated on your progress, and good luck.

joe_mama

Established Member
Reaction score
readit

Where are you in Metro Detroit exactly? I'm in Royal Oak. Where do you go for these treatments? I'd be very skeptical. While I think laser therapy MAY have benefits (the one under FDA examination) I'd be good I think the DHT blocker could be BS, which would make me very skeptical about the laser therapy.

A DHT blocker would have to be used everyday to be effective and more than just 30mins per application. And minoxidil is NOT a DHT blocker. It IS a growth stimulant. Products like Finestride and Revivogen reduce DHT.
Joe

indyambassador

Reaction score
Current Update Regarding Laser Treatments?

Hi MetroDetroit, I investigated laser treatments earlier today. And, I am wondering if they cause hair growth around the temple area?

Furthermore, the brochure states that the procedure "stops the progression of hair loss in 85% of patients." Is this percentage an acceptable statistic in terms of the probability of success?

Please let me know

EricVR

Reaction score
ETG treatment (electrotrichogenesis)

Readit, I just started a similar type of treatment. It is called ETG and I sit in a big chair with a half spherical hood over my head. Each session is 12 minutes and it (allegedly) stimulates weak and dormant hair follicals with an electic pulse, rendering all follicals (over the entire scalp) active and healthy.
I am now 20, my hair has been thinning since I was 18, but would be catagorized as a 1 on the Norwood scale. For the last two years I would constantly analyze my thinning hair, freak out, and then eventually convince myself that I was going crazy instead of bald. I must have gone through that mental cycle a billion times before I was rudely awakened by my barber. I sat in the chair one day, ready to get my haircut right after a rinse and shampoo. My stylist was rambling on about his trip to Paris as he pulled the towel off my head and looked at my scalp. His sentence trailed off and his expression became disgruntled. He gave me a slightly irritated look and started cutting. At the end of the session he made sure my hair was dry and puffy instead of shiny and slick (he used to insist on the shiny wet look)
Anyway, my point being, I have only been researching treatments and visiting forums for about a week. I have been using ETG for four weeks now and was upset to find that no one has used it. (It's not available in the US yet)
This web site is obviously biased, but read the medical journals. Sounds kind of promising...i hope...
What do you guys think?
Eric

Hair Dr.

Reaction score
DUDEEEEEEE!!!! please email me i now live in AZ. but i lived in Rochester MI. i know exactly where you are going, i went there his name is mike @ hairloss treatment center in troy right. my e mail is mjsloan2000@yahoo.com

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm interested in learning more about the laser therapy. i have heard about it as well where i live....

any success stories, or evidence on this stuff?

and how much do you guys pay per session?

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I'm a little skeptical of whats going on here. I mean eletric shocks, ultravoilet lights to kill bacteria and 30mins once a week is just too much. I'm not been smart, but you should get a deeper knowlegde of hairloss and hairloss treatments, that way you'll be less lightly to be conned by the salesman. I've seen advertisments for this on TV, and well lets just say the claims are a bit outrageous. This sounds like another passing fad