i'm 23, what norwood am i?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1/2 norwood with some thinning on the crown.

Permanent chances are slim to none (although people have reported permanent sides). Likely if sides do occur they will either A) vanish after a few weeks/months or B) vanish after you discontinue finasteride. I'd say try finasteride first, just so you can determine that if sides do occur you know which one is causing it and finasteride is the best thing to start. Your hairloss to me isn't even bad you might regrow what you lost with finasteride alone. I would think the majority of people here are on either the big 3 or at least the majority are on finasteride/dust.

riphair

Reaction score
1/2 norwood with some thinning on the crown.

Permanent chances are slim to none (although people have reported permanent sides). Likely if sides do occur they will either A) vanish after a few weeks/months or B) vanish after you discontinue finasteride. I'd say try finasteride first, just so you can determine that if sides do occur you know which one is causing it and finasteride is the best thing to start. Your hairloss to me isn't even bad you might regrow what you lost with finasteride alone. I would think the majority of people here are on either the big 3 or at least the majority are on finasteride/dust.

so what do you suggest? use finasteride? i heard it can cause autism in kids / it makes your sperm ****ty. any truth to that?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so what do you suggest? use finasteride? i heard it can cause autism in kids / it makes your sperm ****ty. any truth to that?

You know I just re looked at your pics and honestly I can't even tell if your balding. Your hairline seems good maybe real minor recession only reason I thought you may have male pattern baldness is the thinness around your cowlick, but looking closer your hair looks fairly short on the back and long in the front might just be the way your haircut is. I would go to a dermatologist just to get a better opinion.

If you are balding I would at least get on finasteride. It is the best out of the big 3 that combats male pattern baldness. I havn't read anything about autism or anything like that so I'm unsure. Yes quiet a few people experience water ejaculate and loss of libido. I've read alot of people saying its just your body adjusting to the medicines and report that they recover. You should read about it and get a full understanding of the risks propecia/finasteride can cause, but don't let any of these horror stories scare you from at least trying it. You can get propecia from a derm,gp or online without a prescription. If you can't get 5mg proscar (which is the cheapest) go to a local costco pharmacy you can get 3 month supply 1mg for like $23.

BUT before all that, like i stated earlier I'm unsure if your balding or not. So you can wait here for some more responses or go to a dermatologist and have him evaluate your hair.

riphair

Reaction score
You know I just re looked at your pics and honestly I can't even tell if your balding. Your hairline seems good maybe real minor recession only reason I thought you may have male pattern baldness is the thinness around your cowlick, but looking closer your hair looks fairly short on the back and long in the front might just be the way your haircut is. I would go to a dermatologist just to get a better opinion.

If you are balding I would at least get on finasteride. It is the best out of the big 3 that combats male pattern baldness. I havn't read anything about autism or anything like that so I'm unsure. Yes quiet a few people experience water ejaculate and loss of libido. I've read alot of people saying its just your body adjusting to the medicines and report that they recover. You should read about it and get a full understanding of the risks propecia/finasteride can cause, but don't let any of these horror stories scare you from at least trying it. You can get propecia from a derm,gp or online without a prescription. If you can't get 5mg proscar (which is the cheapest) go to a local costco pharmacy you can get 3 month supply 1mg for like $23.

BUT before all that, like i stated earlier I'm unsure if your balding or not. So you can wait here for some more responses or go to a dermatologist and have him evaluate your hair.

do you think I could go from my current NW2 to a NW1 or even NW0 with the big 3? how many people get temple regrowth from that on this forum?

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
You may see some regrowth and I've seen people go from a Norwood 2 to a Norwood 1.5 But you'll never reach a Norwood 0 by using the Big three. Temple regrowth is more common in younger people so you may experience it. It's honestly hard to say what you'll get everyone reacts differently so it may do more for you then what someone else experienced or vice versa. It also depends on how aggressive your balding is. I've got some regrowth, and while some of them are still thin and not quite like my terminal hair, they still do something cosmetically compared to velus hairs. Just gotta try it to be honest. Finasteride and Minoxidil are the best of three I believe as well. Wish you luck in the battle of male pattern baldness, as it's a stressful thing to go through.

Just wanna say it doesn't look that bad at its current stage, so get on the Big three and hope for the best. Don't expect them to be a life saver, just get on them and wait it out, time will only tell with this ****. I've been on Finasteride for 7 months, saw some good results at 6 months. Things have gotten a bit worse because I'm going through the minoxidil shed at the moment... but that's just cause I've only been on it for 1 month and and like 9 days, which sucks. Be warned that when you do start you'll experience a minoxidil shed sometime within 1-3 months, and finasteride shed around 1-3 months as well. They may not sync up so they'll get a bit worse before it gets better. Some people chicken out and drop it during that time, but tough it out. No one wants to see it get worse before it gets better but sadly you gotta go through it. Sorry for the ramble have a good day and good luck.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
The pictures are not good. And it seems you have good hair.

Take better pictures in Norwood positions like this:
norwood-scale-mens-hair-blog-balding.jpg
You can see you are NW1 or NW2 at most (I would say NW1-NW1,5 with those pictures). But you are already 23 yo. It may be normal maturing hairline as most people.
Are you experiencing hairloss or just have realized your hairline is more maturer than when you were 16 yo? Are your parents/ grandparents bald?

YoungNeurotic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2. Receding hairline with some crown thinning, though nothing super noticeable at the moment. Most won't consider you to be bald. Get on treatments.