If You Were Very Wealthy,would you have a Transplant NOW?

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
If You Were Very Wealthy , would you have a Transplant Right NOW !?

Im Curious about something , Do Doctors manage transplanting with "Real Hair Distance" ?

Does it look like Real Hair or does it look like Transplanted?Are The distance between follucules far away or its exactly like Original??

Regards

hopewas

Reaction score
you'd have to get a lot of transplants over time. i don't even know if it's worth it. have you seen what they do during the operation. they cut a huge part of your back scalp out and then sew it shut. after seeing the operation done, i don't get how people can have so many more transplants done. the skin can only stretch so far to get sewn shut

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopewas: It seems you're referring to the classic "strip" surgeries that have been around for years. A lot of people have gotten poor results from them (or so it seems), but that probably has a lot more to do with poor doctors than anything else.

I've become very interested in newer surgery procedures, such as FUE and FIT. Rather than taking a whole strip of hair from the back of your head (which is going to leave a scar), they transplant individual hair grafts. In fact, many have even used body hair (from the chest, back, etc.) as donor hair.

Well obviously I'm not expert, but from what I've seen, read, and heard, this seems like a much more efficent, effective way of transplanting hair. As I'm nowhere near wanting/needing a hair transplant, I haven't done too much research, but I'm going to keep a careful eye on my options for the future.

FUE and FIT are relatively new procedures, both of which have been developed in the last two years or less. Who knows what kind of gains these procedures will make in the years to come?

KrazyK

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get one right now for a couple reasons.

First I want my hairloss to "stablize" a bit, before I consider getting one done. Also I would want the procedure to be perfected even more(if that is possible) and give a few more years to see if any other new FDA approved drugs come out for treating male pattern baldness.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
If any of you guys are seriously interested in seeing some after photos of people who have had successful transplants you should use the search engine over at hairlosshelp. I know there are at least three guys over there who have provided photos of how their hair looks after tranplants. I must say, some of the tranplants do look overwhelmingly realistic.

HairFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
wastingpenguins said:
Hopewas: It seems you're referring to the classic "strip" surgeries that have been around for years. A lot of people have gotten poor results from them (or so it seems), but that probably has a lot more to do with poor doctors than anything else.

I've become very interested in newer surgery procedures, such as FUE and FIT. Rather than taking a whole strip of hair from the back of your head (which is going to leave a scar), they transplant individual hair grafts. In fact, many have even used body hair (from the chest, back, etc.) as donor hair.

Well obviously I'm not expert, but from what I've seen, read, and heard, this seems like a much more efficent, effective way of transplanting hair. As I'm nowhere near wanting/needing a hair transplant, I haven't done too much research, but I'm going to keep a careful eye on my options for the future.

FUE and FIT are relatively new procedures, both of which have been developed in the last two years or less. Who knows what kind of gains these procedures will make in the years to come?

WOW I didn't know about that one. So basically you don't get any long term scars from that surgery?

hopewas

Reaction score
fue costs like a million dollars to get done though so rule that out. it takes a doctor a very long time to finish the procedure

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
No. My hairloss has slowed down quite a bit and enough is left over for me to look okay with it cropped very close. My hairline has for the most part surivived the ravages. Loss for sure but still nice, IMO.

I'm more interested in regimen at this point until a cure is found.

I can regimen for the ten years or so it will take for a cure. I'm even mentally prepared for shedding.

Plus, I signed up at a gym memebership to get my swole on.

Maybe in a few years I might consider bringing my hairline a few centimeters forward with a transplant but I'll wait.

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
hopewas said:
fue costs like a million dollars to get done though so rule that out. it takes a doctor a very long time to finish the procedure

I'm not so sure about that. I've been told (though I very well could be wrong...) that FUE procedures generally cost about 1.5 to 2 times the cost of a regular strip surgery. $10,000 to $20,000, in my only moderately-informed opinion. Sure, we're still talking thousands of dollars, but there are several very, very new hair transplant procedures out there. Who knows how much it'll cost in five years, at which time I might want such a procedure, and at which time I might even have a well-paying job to back me up.

We're not talking Bosley here. No one wants a butchered doll-head. There is a growing number of excellent FUE physicians, however, and things can only get better.

It almost makes it sound like you're trying to convince people that the surgery is an impossible pipe-dream that no real people have ever experienced. I encourage everyone to do a little research on hair transplant possibilities on their own before taking a stance.

Also: it is true that the procedure takes time, but many patients over at HairLossHelp have had their transplants done in a few sessions over a few days time. Also, some of the results are truly outstanding, especially after a year or two. More and more, hair transplants are becoming a real alternative.

There's a terrific Transplant forum over on HairLossHelp that anyone even remotely interested or curious should check out. It's the only reason I still visit that forum. Much, MUCH better than the one on here, though I can't really stand the General Hairloss forum over there.

Anyway, if anyone more knowledgable aboutHair Transplants wants to correct me on anything, please do. Especially regarding the price ranges. Thanks!

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I spent 3 grand on 300 micro transplant 7 years ago and it definately was worth otherwise my frontal would be really gone. If I had more cash, I would have more. The pain is the donar area hurts for a while after surgery and you have to deal with being itchy too. I can barely feel the scar there after all this time. For a long time I could definately feel it.

Axon

Reaction score
Even if I was rich, I certainly would not get a transplant right now. Maybe in my 30's if this thing goes to sh*t. We'll see.

I would certainly go the FUE route if I was getting a transplant. It's more money, but not that much more costly.

G

Less and less people are now having the old strip surgery due to the popularity of FUE or FIT. FUE meaning follicle Unit Extraction.

This is where each individual hair is removed one by one and then inserted back where you need it most. It's a little more expensive than strip surgury. Some of the results can be amazing if it's done by the right person. I agree with hopewas, to get good density I would imagine at least two sessions if you were thinking about your hairline. I can't imagine they could do great density in one pass, even though they say they can.

But to answer your question. I would get one done if I was rich. The only reason I have not is that I would like at least three months of work so that no one knew I had it done. But at the same time I would like to see if my hair will stop falling out in the coming months.

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
search for the givency hair transplant...this place supposed does the best hair transplants ever....the pictures they provided look so unrealistic bu it is.....the strip surgery to do are so insanely well done they got it down to an art form.