if cure is on the way... where does it leave HM

djthomas85

Reaction score
right guys im sure we've all seen on tv the encouraging news of reversing hairloss by introducing a new gene. however, if this is the case then where does it leave HM??.
personally id prefer to wait ten years to have my normal hair back than go through with HM.

I dont think the HM companies will be very happy with this news. I honestly think this gene business will be phenomenol if it arrived. It sounds like a much better option than hair cloning, although HM could offer those who werent happy with their original hair an option of changing it (modifying hairlines and density).

there are billions of pounds to made from hairloss now and companies recognize this which is why the race is on to find one! i honestly think were not to far from an answer as this has gone on for too long., We can send a bloody man into space but cant find a remedy for hairloss... its just not funny anymore!
Either way id like to hear some views on the original topic

antonio666

Reaction score
dude, this is something you should not concern your self with,i mean the cure will be a miniumum of 10 years away,and the cost will be very exspensive.HM is also about 10 years away,your 22 years old and the next 15 years are meant to be the best of your life,if the meds are not getting you were you want to be get a transplant with armani or rahal.
Nobody will ever be able to detect it,if that is you on your avator meds should be enough because it looks like you have a very good head of hair.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
There really hasn't been a cure or remedy discovered. It simply opens more avenues of future research into tissue regeneration. Every year is some magic "cure" in the lab that gets everyone's hopes up. As stated by Dr. Chuong:

Dr. Chuong cautioned that mice and people heal differently, so that the results can't be simply extrapolated. But, he said, the findings "will undoubtedly inspire new thinking in the management of alopecia, in tissue engineering, and in the regeneration of other organs."

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HM is your normal hair generated from stem cell multiplication. They just make multiple injections of multiplied dermal papila cells cultivated in the lab from your non DHT affected hair on the back of your head causing hiar folicles to grow. This technology is the closest hope of solution we have and could be here as early as next year.. we should get some news on trials this year.

The latest rave about cure for baldness is just a potential cure from a aside to would healing they found in mice and would be many years away.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
The real question is where does HM leave this "new cure?" HM is way further along and far more practical than wounding the scalp to induce hair growth. I would rather have a few injections in 5-10 years than to be chopped up in 10-20.

In case you don't know the obvious, the media is retarded.

Pondle

Reaction score
Rather than the scalp being "chopped up" as part of a therapy derived from wound healing principles, in the Nature article the researchers envisage a treatment similar to the 'dermabrasion' — a process that uses gentle damage to encourage wound healing processes — combined with a topical cream to activate the genetic pathway.

"It's all preliminary at the moment," says Cotsarelis, who has helped to set up a company, Follica, that will attempt to bring the idea to market. "If it all went perfectly then possibly in two to three years we would have a product, but that's very optimistic."

liquidfirex

Reaction score
Funny all this crap is coming out now.

When I was a bit younger I would always "rock myself" to sleep, and in doing so I rubbed my shoulder against the floor/pillow a lot. It's hard to describe but yeah. The area that got rubbed a lot has hair that is thicker then anywhere else on my back/shoulder area. It about as thick as armpit hair, but on my shoulder, and it's all by itself. I figured it was useless because body hair would react differently then scalp hair, but then this news came out... so maybe there really is something to it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i agree, dont expect too much

HM is still years away from being available to public.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Please, provide sources where it says "HM will be out in x years". I have stated things as just my opinion.

No one here honestly knows when it will come out.