I Wish it Was Socially Acceptable for Dudes to Sport Wigs...

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously.....

If American society did not look down upon a male who sported a long haired surfer piece, or even a small hair plug touchup-- there would be no need for these forums, or all of these damn drugs.

There are quite a handful of women who for whatever reason, (be it a rare version of patterned baldness, cancer, severe burns, or some other kind of impairment) that wear full wigs, and no one cares.

Its just something ive noticed even on a more personal level. I have known one bald woman who wore a wig due to losing all of her hair due to kemo. Without the wig, she looked kinda repulsive, but not ugly (in fact; very hot chest down!!!). Thats probably what a lot of women think of some bald guys, but to a lesser extent as we know. Anyways, I dont feel like debating that last sentence. When she put on her wig, she looked absolutely stunning, and I really didnt freakin care that she wore one, had some hair disorder, or even cancer. It never popped into my mind. She just looked freakin hawt, and the fact that she wore a wig didnt bug me one single bit.

I kinda wish society would change for guys so we could get the same outlook from other dudes and chicks :/
If I could shave my head, get a decent wig that I could take on/off whenever I wanted to, and didnt have to worry about faking something in fear of "people knowing" or "caring", I probably would sport one.

I am obviously not going to do that now since I dont feel like having my "manliness" questioned by every ahole friend nor having people make comments about my self-image. TBH, I am self conscious about my hair and so is every other dude on the planet even if they dont want to admit it. Everyone wants to look as beautiful as possible.

Its socially acceptable to have implants (due to disorders), fake legs, arms, hands, etc. , but for some damn reason, hair doesnt fall into that category.

I hope it will someday will :/

Hell, maybe when i hit 30 ten years from now, ill just sport a long haired wig, tell everyone about it, and get the whole movement going. I dobut I will even care about hair to the extent I do now by that age.

/end midnight rant

lnknstyl

Reaction score
As said before, you only notice the bad ones...dudes that don't take the time to seriously do their research, and just glue anything to their heads.

Same goes for hair transplants. Some doctors will butcher your head, while others will do a good job.

Look at toplace.com for pics of hair systems. I'd be dammed if I thought these "rugs" looked bad or dusty(???) for that matter.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
lnknstyl said:
As said before, you only notice the bad ones...dudes that don't take the time to seriously do their research, and just glue anything to their heads.

Same goes for hair transplants. Some doctors will butcher your head, while others will do a good job.

Look at toplace.com for pics of hair systems. I'd be dammed if I thought these "rugs" looked bad or dusty(???) for that matter.

Dude if u are ever caught with a wig ur life is over. i dont know anything more embarrassing. not only that but i bet it is psychologically unhealthy to wear one day in and day out

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd like to wear a wig - a really bad wig, one of those shredded wheats - just to annoy everybody. Like 'I'm wearing a wig, what are you gonna do about it?'

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
tchehov said:
I'd like to wear a wig - a really bad wig, one of those shredded wheats - just to annoy everybody. Like 'I'm wearing a wig, what are you gonna do about it?'

They will say 'I'm gonna laugh'.

shutup twerp

CCS

Reaction score
It is socially acceptable for women to wear wigs and make up and push up bra's and other stuff, and to wear high heals and tall sandles. They wear such tall shoes to appeal to taller guys and intimidate the shorter ones. If men wear tall shoes, everyone will say they have insecurities and are not masculine and are making their height more obvious.

However, when I wear rollerblades indoors, most women are suprized when they finally look down and see the blades. They make me 3 inches taller.

G

lol, you wear rollerblades indoors?

the reason why women can do all this is much from the past. or even in the genetics. women are the pretty sex. dont ask me why. at lions men are the pretty sex. but there even the women have to get the meal, lol, so that is pretty much the opposite there. okay back...women are the pretty sex. they are supposed to be pretty. and they are supposed to make themself as pretty as they can. thats socially ...or genetics. or both. dunno.
men on the other hand are supposed different things. they are supposed to get the meal to home. and more than all, they are supposed to be strong. but not pretty. and strong even means you can handle with your look handicaps.
just my thoughts.

G

though its unfair. women get more and more rights. but not men. what we need is an emanzipation of the men. lol.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Andy Warhol managed to wear a wig most of his life unmolested. Didn't bother him much.

Women were emancipated after certain brave women were willing to put their *** on the line to change things. If wigs being out of fashion really bothers you that much you should consider being a trailblazer.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
And what most people think about this Andy Warhol? He was pathetic!

YOU are pathetic!!

Warhol was a true artist and a true character of the XX century.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I´d also like wigs could be socially acceptable. It would be the real "cure" for hair loss.

The question is...

can really change some people´s appearance for the better, without being unnatural?

Wigs are still associated with the old time ones, that were truly pathetic and unnatural.

They have maintenance routines, and possible deteriorations of the wig.

Also, I think it´s somehow not hygienical to wear the wig attached to the scalp for too long...

But if someone comes with a top-quality wig with those problems solved, and truly good-looking, I think it could become more and more popular...

...but we´r not going to need it, HM is going to be available in 2005!! :lol:

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Warhol was, at best, controversial. It's neither cool to like him nor pathetic to dislike him.

It's not my idea of art but I accept it as creative in the best sense of the word.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Take it or not, Warhol defined pop as it is. The most profound insight into the mass and pop culture that characterized past century.

Of course you can´t like it. But his merits are still there. You can´t like the architect that designed the Empire State Building, but he has certain value because he raised it and made it became a symbol.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I love the Empire State Building. I keep a snowglobe of it on my desk, though the water has evaporated over the years.