I want to use Rogaine, but...

driedupfish

Reaction score
Hi all, recently I let my girlfriend cut my hair and long story short, it looked horrible. There are patches of hair that are shorter than the rest and there is a small bald patch on the top of my head. So I shaved my head and end up looking like a skin head. I am thinking of using Rogaine to grow my hair faster. However, I DON'T have male pattern baldness. Is this product only for those with male pattern baldness? Or am I safe to use it and can expect my hair to grow back faster.

I've done some research on Minoxidil and I am aware that there will be an initial stage of shedding. This is what holds me back from trying because I am afraid that the hair shed won't grow back. But since I don't have Male Pattern Baldness I should expect the hair loss from the shed to all grow back, right?
Thanks

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware it's for hairloss only. Not to be used as growth stimulant for those without male pattern baldness. If you have a shed, then I'm not sure how that would speed things up anyway to be honest...

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
do not use minoxidil if you don't have Androgenetic Alopecia. google msm and biotin, they may speed up hair growth.

human

Reaction score
So do I have this right:

If you use an AA that works in conjunction with minoxidil, if all goes to plan you will maintain AND grow. But if you stopped using the minoxidil, it would go back to how your hair would have looked originally without minoxidil? So minoxidil won't make things worse? Why do people scaremonger about it then? Is that correct how I have worded it?

Thanks for any replies!!!!

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
after 1 year of using 1ml topical min twice daily on average you'll see no more added hair but you will on average keep that newly grown hair. people have claimed to have maintained that new hair using min once daily. if you stop min it will be as if you never used it. this is the results graph
4xv6H.jpg

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
no need mate