I think Dutasteride may be healthy...

G

What's up fellas, I am currently fighting male pattern baldness with a systematic regimen of Duprost .5 Mg every other day, Tricomin (AM), Xandrox 15 (AM), Rogaine 5% (PM), 2000 Mg MSM, Centrum Silver, and Nizoral 1% shampoo. I call it the big big six!

I have been on the big big six now for about 2-3 months with no side effects at all, in fact I am extremely healthy. I have only improved in all aspects of life including intelligence, muscle growth, sex drive/ functionality, hair counts/ thickness, attitude, and resilliancy to the rigors of modern existence.

My theory is... DHT is unhealthy to a point and depleting its conversion is ultimately healthy to a certain point.

Argue with me all you like (I open to scrutiny) but in 10 years new studies will indicate the benefits in lowering DHT in males over 20.

I am skeptical of my own theory and am proceeding with extreme caution but I had to post some of my thoughts in the form of an update.

Making progress to a full recovery!

Peace

Petchsky

Reaction score
Cheers for the update. Your regimen looks good. As for the theory - Let's hope so aye.

G

May I be so bold (or bald) to suggest you upping your MSM dosage to around 6000mg a day?

I think it makes a difference over time in hair quality and thickness.

rando

Reaction score
Paradise Lost, I'd be interested to hear how you're doing on dutasteride in a few months. I remember experiencing a surge of testosterone (increased libido, lower body fat, etc.) after first starting Propecia, but unfortunately, these effects attenuated by the 5-6 month mark. Now i'm just stuck with a rockbottom libido. I wonder if at least some dutasteride users continue to enjoy the effects of elevated testosterone many months into treatment? If so, it would be yet another reason why I should consider making the switch from Propecia to dutasteride. Keep us updated.

Goingat20

Reaction score
my libido is a bit down on dutasteride, but im going to stick with it been a year now, taking it every 2nd day like paradise lost. Youve given me more hope paradise lost... Keep us updated regularly

G

Neiltom88, good advise, I will do that because I know that MSM is a wonderful drug. Even at low 2000 mg doses I have noticed improvement in my hair and thicker growth of hair/nails/skin all over my body.

I too have noticed the slight increase in testosterone but I feel normal after a month of changing levels. For example, if I were to go to .5mg dosage every day (which I will soon) I would feel the rise in testosterone again but everything would even out after a month or so.

Thanks guys, I'll update every 2 months or so but I know that I will make a full recovery within the next year. See I think maintaining is a waste of time. If hairloss is noticeable than it doesn't matter if your a norwood 2 or a 10 (if your balding, your bald). I will either make a full recovery or nothing at all.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think maintaining is bad for some. A norwood 2 isn't bad looking at all.

G

SE-freak said:
[quote="Paradise Lost":1dc7f]I will either make a full recovery or nothing at all.

Extreme comment, but being a perfectionist I can see what you mean.[/quote:1dc7f]

I totally agree.

I don't want to settle for anything less than a full recovery.

Hurry up with HM already.

rando

Reaction score
I will either make a full recovery or nothing at all.
Same here. It's not so much the recession that bothers me as much as the thinning. I can't stand the thinning!!!