I put a hair system behind my natural hairline

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @salmon123 ,
are you able to do sports with your hair system? and how long do you wear it before "re-glueing"?
Im in a very similar spot, heavy diffuse thinning with existing (diffuse) hair line.
Thanks!
Yes, I workout everyday and play sports. On top of that I sweat like crazy, never affects anything. I can get 3-4 weeks out of it, but I usually take off and attach every two weeks just to feel clean

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anything required to transition? Does it look suspicious at some point?
Not really, I think it looks less suspicious. It’s very hard to tell that it’s a hair system because your front hairline looks so natural. If anything people will think you put fibers in

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the trickier part would be to match the density of hairline with the piece, but once that's been sorted if you want to expose the hairline and don't mind the surgery it could be a great option.
Yes, always get a lighter density piece to do this. Some of my friends who do this use fibers where the piece and hairline meet so there is no difference in density and it’s harder to detect lifting of fibers disguise it. Sprinkling fibers by the hairline takes 15 seconds a day rather than refluxing your hairline. Works for them

salmon123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think not. But it looks very hard to maintain by yourself, you have to match exactly the right place in the front otherwise it sucks

Like this
Personally I’ve used a hair system without my hairline and this method and it’s easier to maintain. You never have to worry about lifting at front hairline. When attaching, it’s easy see exactly where you have to put it since your hair makes a line where the hair system needs to be