I just started 82 M 5% minoxidil solution...tingling?

mdmx24

Reaction score
Hi, Im 35, female ,have had 2 transplants ,worse mistakes of my life. with that said.. two years later I reluctantly began formula 82M , a 5% minoxidal blend today and am experiencing tingling in the area I applied it. I want to know if any one else has experienced tingling hen first beginning rogaine. also have any women had any "real" success with treatment. I have AA, hair is thinning , no bald spots yet but Dr. Bernstein in NYC he has never seen significant results(more than 20% regrowth) from female users and that's why he has no pics on his website of the sort. Im looking for hope, so if youre a woman who has had significant results,please share your story.

maggie99

Reaction score
Is Dr. Bernstein saying that---to date only a small percentage of women have been prescribed 82 M, or that the solution has been found to be less effective in women?

HonnyBrown

Reaction score
MDM, why was the transplant so bad?

I use Rogaine for Women (2% minoxidil) and I see results. I've been using it since 4/13. Here are somethings to keep in mind:

Rogaine is a lifetime commitment: twice a day, every day.

It takes about 4 months to kick in. During that time, you will see more shedding.

The new hair that grows in is fine and downy. It takes time to get to your true texture (I'm not there yet).

It works!

mdmx24

Reaction score
Is Dr. Bernstein saying that---to date only a small percentage of women have been prescribed 82 M, or that the solution has been found to be less effective in women?

yes he said that to me and that basically he wouldn't even bother using a topical treatment and to accept situation. he wasn't familiar with 82m. but minoxidil is minoxidil.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me started. but in short...3300 transplants later...I look worse than before. all the trauma just put my hair loss into high gear. 4 years after the transplants I still trying to damage control. I working on getting he hairline removed with laser...but thers somuch scarring from the transplant , my forehead...cant be exposed again without looking disfigured. so ive been getting fraxel laser cortisone shots to see if we can change that. when im all done iwill have spent as much money trying to undo the transplants then on the tranplants themselves. not too mention Im still out 2 giants strips of hair in the back of my head. worse mistake of my life. my thinning wasn't that bad to begin with. I d give anything to turn back time and not do it.

- - - Updated - - -

ive been on it over 4 months now and now shedding and no growth either. I took the minoxidil sensitivity test and it came out positive and said I should respond to it. but still nothing and m hair feels thinner. I m getting worried that its not gonna work.
Im thinking about a topical DHT blocker like spironolactone. any experience wth that?