i have an appointment with Richard farrell

saltnpepper

Reaction score
Hi guys
this is the first time i will ever be trying a hair system and after days of research i came across Richard farrells website and found it to be alrite ? i have scheduled an appointment with him. Can you guys please advice me as to what question i should be asking ? m i doing the right thing by going to him ? he claims that i wont need to go to any saloon for any repair work ever if i buy a pair of him ultra custom systems for $4800 !!
m i doing the right thing here as i have never gotten into this ?
thanks

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
The first question you need to ask yourself is do you really have that kind of money to put into two hairpieces.
They are not any better than what you can buy for yourself online, and do for yourself, for less than 1500 dollars per year, as opposed to 4800 dollars OR MORE per year.

If you have that kind of money to toss around then the answer is simple, go ahead but even still I`d shop around more before commiting to anyone because this is your looks your talking about here, so only some days of research arent enough to just jump in with someone who told you he has ultra custom.

What city do you live in, hell if you are in LA I know a couple very highly recommended places you can go and have some looks before you buy.

saltnpepper

Reaction score
hey Michiganbaldy, thanks for your reply mate. i am actually in sydney ( australia). I am not sure if there are any good hair system places here . I know farrell is a lot of money and that's the reason i wanted to get as much research done as possible before going into the appointment in october. I think there are hair systems from toplace and hatsoffhair that ppl recomend which are as good as farrells but the problem is that i have never used a system so i am not sure how i would go with putting one on without any experience or professional help.
and ya one very important thing was that i checked out 'ripoff report' for farrells company and there were a few ppl who said that there were a lot of inconsistencies in farrells systems. and that he had no after sale service and that the system would not last long . would you know anything about it ? what do you think i should do given the fact that i am in sydney ?

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
my advice is listen to everything Michigan Baldy tells you :)

saltnpepper

Reaction score
Hans Gruber said:
my advice is listen to everything Michigan Baldy tells you :)

Oh ya ...Hell ya ........i totallya gree with MB ... it's just that, i have never used a hair system... So basically i could order one from Toplace or something but where do i get it cut ? how do i put it on ? no guidance and no experience? and also what if i totally screw it up ? neither am i in US ? whats the best way to go guys ? any advice ?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes you can learn to do this yourself, just about everyone who posts here (and there) are do it yourselfers.
Go there and read on, you`ll learn alot.

saltnpepper

Reaction score
hey MB thanks for that Mate
I read Gardners post somewhere on the 'cosmetic solution' forum and he had explained the horrors of a hair piece and he recons even after that it kindda didnt look like the real deal !!

that reply has made me think a lot about what i am doing or might end up doing

i have hair all over my head but its just that as of now i have been using nanogen to cover it up

but i though hair piece would be a less messier and a less time consuming solution ... but i guess it's not the case is it ??
what do you recon MB ??

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Eventually the cover-ups wont be able to do the job anymore, it may take a few years or maybe less, then you`ll be another crossroads.
Its a good idea to investigate your possible solutions now, before you get stuck having to make a snap decision.
There is more to wearing a hairpiece than just what you`ll read in some posts, and looking at pics.
Some peoples experience will be way different than others, Gardners for example was one from a guy who went to a hair replacement center and did it that way.
Alot of guys who are very happy with this are those who do it themselves.
You can have a look at my video which will show you more close-ups of the hair here-

Go to this link- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JNLWCF0Z
and in the upper right hand corner you will see "download" it might be covered up by a pop-up ad so you`ll need to close that first.
Anyhow, you will see 3 letters that say please enter (the letters) here.
Enter the letters you see into the box then click download. You should see a timer that counts to 45 seconds, then your default media player will start to play the video.

The negative opinions that I express regarding such solutions as meds, topicals, and surgery apply ONLY to my own experience with them.
Others may have better results than I did, especially given how far the meds and surgeries have come since I last had a look into them.
I do hope you explore those avenues as well and educate yourself thoroughly so you`ll be ready when the time comes.

Another thing that isnt mentioned is headshavers, find some posts by them guys and see if thats for you too, never know it might just be easier to shave it off and be done with it.
You can always try a hairpiece and if it dont work out, theres nothing about it thats permanent- you can shave it off if need be no harm done.
Same thing goes for trying the headshave, you can try it out and if it dont work, you can always try a hairpiece, or something else.

saltnpepper

Reaction score
MB !!!! thanks mate ,, that Video really cleared a lot !!
Is that you in the video ?? nice work mate !!!

another good news is that i Canceled my appointment with Farrell

Stuff all these gimmicks . I will follow the path which you have shown me

i do reallise that i am not yet at the cross road to geting a hair system but atleast thanks to you i am a lot more educated now about how to go about it

mate , quick question , the video said someting about having a vaccum cutter whihc can be bought online and that there were a few more videos which showed how to put the piece on and how to take care of it

could it possible for me to get my hands on those videos ?

Cheers mate
your a legend !!!

i tried attatching my before nanogen and after nanogen pics on to here but it just didnt happen ..

i'll keep trying so atleast you know what my hair situation's like

Cheers