I Have Alopecia Areata But Guess What | HairLossTalk Forums

I Have Alopecia Areata But Guess What

Discussion in 'Alopecia Areata' started by Mark Angelo Cabanila, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Mark Angelo Cabanila

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hello there! First of all I want you to know that I have Alopecia Areata. I just turned 18 last december 2017. My AA started 2 years ago when I was really into dieting because I really want to lose weight and have a better shape. Honestly I've had a very strict dieting which I think trigered this autoimmune disease.
    2 years ago I started working out and I was very much obsessed with the excercises I do. I even suffered from iron deficiency anemia due to the fact that I no longer eat 3 times a day. I lost so much weight and I realized that I should stop now and recover from my anemia. After that, I really did lose a lot of weight and my iron levels started to go back to normal. But one day I noticed a bald spot on my head. I was very much alarmed so I did some research about it and found out that it's alopecia areata which is an autoimmune disease caused by stress. I really think that what really caused it was my overtraining and dieting since it created alot of stress to my body.
    The first spot lasted for three months before the hair grew back. I was very happy because the bald spot was gone. But after sometime I noticed another spot from the other side and I'm starting to stressed out again. It's been 2 years now and I no longer care about my bald spots and it's overwhelming to think that it no longer affects me totally. So far I've had 4 bald patches and I currently have on the right side side of my head. And guess what, small hairs are growing again. I really hope that this will be the last.

PS I did not do some medications I just free myself from stress and it helps. I only have one spot at a time.