I don't lose hairs when brushing

test

Reaction score
I'm 20 years old and have been losing hair for about 4 years now (at the temples) and am starting to get that familiar V shaped look.

The thing is that i don't see any hairs fallout (maybe 1 or 2 hairs at most) when i'm combing my hair or when i put my hand through my hair.

Also, after i have a shower i only see a few hairs in the bath. This has always been the case. Been on finpecia for 3 months now and i've definately had an increased loss in the last few weeks (my hair is looking a lot worse then normal). But its hard to tell if things are getting any worse/better as i still don't see any hairs fallout or collect on my pillow.

Is this normal? I got the impression from reading messages on this forum that male pattern baldness sufferers have a number of hairs fallout when brushing their hair.

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I almost never see a shed hair, I could sit in the bath for 6 hours and vigrously wash my hair many times and probably would not even find a single hair in the bath, but this has not stopped me make my way down the path to baldworldâ„¢

I presume I just have a very low 'turnover' of hair (a long growth/rest/shed cycle) and that the new hairs are becoming smaller and thinner...?

Is your hair loss a slow moving thing or did you lose a lot over a few months ?

test

Reaction score
I'd say my hairloss was quite slow moving until the last month or so where it seems seems to have got a lot worse very quickly. But as i don't seem to shed any hairs its quite difficult to tell.

jbrown

Reaction score
I stopped shedding after the third month on propecia, but I still think my hair is getting thinner, even though I dont have any sheds. If anyone has any info on this, id also be interested.

arjun17

Reaction score
Shedding and thinning are not the same

I shed quite a lot (around 30-40 hairs) everytime I wash my hair, although barely any on the pillow or while combing. Yet, I don't see any thinning. Why? Pay attention not to the quantity of hair which sheds(unless its extremely large, like 150+ hairs or something) but rather to the quality. 95% of the hairs which I shed are long and dark, with an occasional short, fine , vellus hair, which is normal. If you are shedding thinner and shorter hairs though, then you should be worried.
Cheers,
Arjun