I am f*****g confused!!!

shandoli

Reaction score
Its been three months that i have been aware or my thinning hair....Got on the net as soon as possible to get as much info as possible..but it isnot any easier after three months!!

I am loosing time and fear the worst!!

propecia sounds horrible ..I am 19 and dont like the sounds of the side effects however minor they maybe!!

minoxidil sounds like a good stimulater but i want to get to the root of the problem..I will be happy to just mantain for the next 10 years!!!

topicals like spironolactone and others dont get good reviews!!

Someone please gimme advice...I think too much about it all day!!

What would you guys with experience do if you were in my shoes with all the knowledge you have!!

At 19 with thinning hair happy to mantain...
Please reply and save me stress and more importantly time!!

I would prefer to use topicals cos i dont like orals side effects!!

thanx in advance!!

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Propecia is far from horrible, though many would say you're a bit young. Its still the best weapon against male pattern baldness (besides dutasteride). It will be difficult to keep your hair an extra 10 years without. spironolactone helps. You may wanna check out what Funkster is doing, hes going all topical, using RU and Fluridil. I'm not sure where he's getting the RU, though, it may be hard to come by, and this routine is definitley more expencive then Propecia.

Funkster talks about it in this post, and you can find his website here: http://www.funkster.com/follicles/

shandoli

Reaction score
flux said:
Propecia is far from horrible, though many would say you're a bit young. Its still the best weapon against male pattern baldness (besides dutasteride). It will be difficult to keep your hair an extra 10 years without, though spironolactone helps. You may wanna check out what Funkster is doing, hes going all topical, using RU and Fluridil. I'm not sure where he's getting the RU, though, it may be hard to come by, and this routine is definitley more expencive then Propecia.

Funkster talks about it in this post, and you can find his website here: http://www.funkster.com/follicles/

Thanks a lot for ur advice!!!
I dont wanna start propecia till i m around 25..

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
If I were you I wouldn't touch propecia and i'd go for RU.

It's going to cost you a bit over 1k for a years supply.. but i'm betting it's worth it. Use that long with minoxidil and i don't think you'll have any problems. Actually I'd use RU first for a while.. so you can see what treatment is having results.

shandoli

Reaction score
richlocks said:
If I were you I wouldn't touch propecia and i'd go for RU.

It's going to cost you a bit over 1k for a years supply.. but i'm betting it's worth it. Use that long with minoxidil and i don't think you'll have any problems. Actually I'd use RU first for a while.. so you can see what treatment is having results.

I find that a tad expensive..i m a poor student!! :cry: ....nething else which would at least mantain and is a good budget?

Reaction score
Hey Shandoli, I'm in the same boat as you, with the exact same goal. I want to keep my head of hair until I'm 30. I'm also 19 and so far my regimine as workd on point. If you have any questions, just ask.

Keep me updated.

drinkrum

Reaction score
I've been thinning since I was 18, whence I started finasteride (Propecia). 21 years old now.

Get your *** on Propecia or quartered Proscar ($0.71/day). If you notice side effects, get off. But give it a year. It _should_ at least maintain your hair for a couple of years.

D.

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
I can understand why you would be alarmed using Propecia at your age.

If you do decide to take the Propecia plunge, just keep a close eye on things (but don't be paranoid). Get your free testosterone and estradiol levels checked every few months. If you notice any bad side effects, just stop using Propecia.