How's everyone healing?

sal1

Reaction score
Wanted to see how Crazydiamond, Brucelee, Guest and others who have had recent hair transplant's are recovering? Crazydiamond how is the shed situation?

Just wondering how you guys have been healing and feeling. All is well I hope.

sal1

G

Feeling fine and recovery is doing better than I expected. More importantly, the little new haris are still here after nearly 4 weeks, so it looks like I will avoid the shed and waiting for new hairs to grow in.

Will keep you posted.

Brucelee

Nelson

Reaction score
Healing

It's been 2 weeks since my 1200-graft procedure. The graft sites look good. There was some shock fallout but not too bad. Most of the whiskers have fallen out so now I just wait.

My donor scar is still visible if I tip my head downward. My a**h** barber cut my hair too short just 2 days before the procedure. But I'm back to work and no one knows.

:wink:

Hope everyone else is coming along.

sal1

Reaction score
Good to hear you guys are doing well with recovery. Glad you're avoiding shed Brucelee.

Nelson, I have the same problem with my scar. I like to keep my hair short in the back, but if I go even the slightest bit too short my scar stands out horribly. Looks like I had major brain surgery.

But I go tuesday to have frontal work and this Dr. says he can make existing scar thinner and less noticable.

O.K. guys glad you're feeling good. Thanks for the posts. I'll be posting my experience starting in a few days. Hope they will be as helpful as yours have been.

Thanks.
sal1

crazydiamond

Reaction score
sal1

Glad to say the shed is over, well had to be just about 75% of hairs fell out. Had no option but to go for a buzz cut, number 2 all over. Advantage is I can see all the hairs coming back, I had no option as it looked daft, thick hair on crown and back and stubble at front, at least this way looks ok. Disadvantage is can see the scar, but it shows a thin scar and isnt too obvious and will be covered in a week or two. Just have to be patient now and let it grow to a reasonable length.

G

Sal1

YOU may want to look into a scar revision with a competent plastic surgeon.
'
Brucelee

Kebabman

Reaction score
Sal1, guys, almost 7 weeks since my second h/t with Dr Rose. Healed as well as can be expected, no pain, did shed after about 2 weeks and am just waiting for new growth anytime now. Funny thing is my first h/t with Dr Rose back in April the new hair seemed to come through quicker than on this occasion, dunno why? Any ideas? Answers on a postcard.

Same as you guys too, wanky barber cut too short and luckily I had some Mane spray left to spray on the scar thus hiding it till it grows over.

Good luck Sal1, you won't regret it, hardest part like everything is being patient, very frustrating.

poet

Reaction score
healing well

This is my first post here. I usually post on Hairlosshelp.

Most of my grafts shed within a month, with about 20% remaining and continuing to grow. I had 3400 grafts from Dr.Woods, I also had 3 strip excisions prior to that, and due to poor results am not a fan of this method, though i've seen others do well with it. Most of my scabs fell off within a week, to two weeks, I didn't wash my hair for two weeks just to be safe. I'm hoping some new hairs start popping up in about 2 months. I finished my procedures on Aug 31st of 2002

whiskey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi poet , nice to see you over here - good luck with the results .
Things are getting out of hand again on hairlosshelp aren`t they . The only 2 people helping at the moment are yourself and futzyhead , I`d like to thank you for that .
You can get great results from both ways of hair transplants (and bad results too) but the guys over on the other site seem too stupid to understand that .
Again , good luck & don`t let them grind you down .

best wishes

whiskey

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Poet - welcome to the HairlossTalk forums. Please keep us apprised of your progress.

HairLossTalk.com

crazydiamond

Reaction score
nelson

Had my procedure done sept 12th, and the worst bit is over now, can see them starting to come through. Went number 2 hair cut on friday, sharp intake of breathe, and scar is not too noticeable, happy for that. Just got to get a dose of patience. Even braved going out to a nightclub on saturday and still pulled!

sal1

Reaction score
Crazydiamond, good to hear everything is growing back. Now that its growing, a #2 buzz cut will look more uniform as it fills in. Glad things are happening for you.

Brucelee, I did look at having a plastic surgeon fix my donar scar, but the cost was just way too high. So I decided to take this approach and have some hair moved at the same time. But thanks for the thought. It does make sense.

Kebabman, Thanks for the post. I wonder all the time if I'll regret this or not, so your post means alot. I have not slept for days it seems because I'm so nervous. Not about the procedure, but what it will end up looking like when all is said and done. But I guess thats normal.

Guys, thanks for the post and the input. It cant be said enough how helpful it is. Glad everyone is having positive results. Well the next time I'm on this site I'll be recovering.

Thanks.
sal1