How to sue for gay marriage rights!! Brilliant!

CCS

Reaction score
I just realized this. I was reading the constitution a while ago. In the part that says how amendments are made, it specifically states that no new amendments may contradict the 1st and I think the 4th amendment. I'd have to go check.

I think the 4th amendment is states equal sufferage, and the 1st freedom of speech and two other things.
If one of those two other things in the first amendment is freedom of religion, or the statement that government shall not respect one religion over another, then you are home free.

So look up the first amendment to check. Then do a law suit, and take it to the supreme court. But wait till after Obama appoints 3 liberal justices. Even the conservatives might help you too. Go try to get married. Get rejected. Then sue. Take it to the Federal Supreme Court. Sight the requirement for new amendments clause, point to the 1st amendment, and argue that marriage is a religious term, and that it is unconstitutional for the federal government to regulate that word, and that any later amendment defining that word is unconstitutional. The court will then rule in your favor. It will over rule all state constitutions too.

Then go back to the priest of your choice and get married.

The government only has the authority to regulate civil contracts, not religous terms. Get your civil union, have your church marry you, and you are done with that part.

Next is adoption. I'm not sure on that one yet but I might think of something.

CCS

Reaction score
Article V
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

Never mind. Article 9 has to do with exporting stuff. I wonder why that was so important to them. I wonder if the source is wrong. I'll look for other copies of the constitution.

-------

Is it constitutional to pass an amendment that contradicts another amendment, without first repealling the previous amendment? What is the precendent there? I'm sure it was tried before.

CCS

Reaction score
I just contacted some gay alliance organizations and layed out how to go about it. I asked them to write back to me to let me know if it was viable and what the obstacles are.

Cassin

Reaction score
CCS said:
I just contacted some gay alliance organizations and layed out how to go about it. I asked them to write back to me to let me know if it was viable and what the obstacles are.

The post above ^this^ quote was at 10:13 pm...^this^ post is a mere 20 minutes later.

Do you honestly think in that 20 minutes you have managed to solves the gay rights marriage issue in a way that countless people who focus on this every day haven't thought of?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
OK... :gay: marriage and then what? Am I going to be able to get married with my cat?? my dirt bike?? ahahah They shouldn't call it Earth. They should call it Planet of the Apes because I feel I am in a big zoo. BTW the new Tinker bell movie is really good! LOL

s.a.f

Reaction score
If you can get your cat or your dirt bike to verbally consent then fair enough. :jackit:

CCS

Reaction score
squeegee said:
OK... :gay: marriage and then what? Am I going to be able to get married with my cat?? my dirt bike?? ahahah They shouldn't call it Earth. They should call it Planet of the Apes because I feel I am in a big zoo. BTW the new Tinker bell movie is really good! LOL

When people retort, "What next? Will our cats and dogs get married
too?", I respond, "Only if they are equal to a marriage between two
consenting adult humans. Gays should marry because they are equal to
straights, not because 'just anyone or anything can get married."

I got in contact with the gay alliance in California. They liked my idea, but also had another that is at least equally good. I'm not going to state it on here because I don't want right wingers reading this and planning ahead.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
One day, Marriage won't even exist anymore.. Total crap. She won't take my pension away! I don't care about gay marriage but gay people adopting kids is a different story.. I am open minded but you know! I got 2 moms or 2 dads? WTF? Have fun with that in school. I know :gay: relationship is more accepted now bla bla bla but... Anyways the kid will probably living a good life because most gay couple got $$$$ but this is it! We are normalizing everything now... which is gay! but this is my 2 cents.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
What about :gay: divorce? Who is ending up with the house and all the goodies??? Normally it is the female in a hetero- sexual relationship lol :dunno:

The Gardener

Reaction score
squeegee said:
What about :gay: divorce? Who is ending up with the house and all the goodies??? Normally it is the female in a hetero- sexual relationship lol :dunno:
Not in CA and in a number of other states... here, property and assets, after a divorce, is split 50/50... UNLESS there is a pre-nuptial agreement that specifies otherwise.

CCS

Reaction score
I heard Britany Spears and Jessica Simpson had to pay their ex's millions in allimony.

I just logged in to say we should vote on whether straights can get married. But since they are not a minority group, their rights always get protected. Just the smaller groups who get walked on. Not what the founding fathers wanted.

FlashDance

Established Member
Reaction score
Squeegee..the things you say scare me. It's people like you that woman weren't allowed to vote for many years, and black weren't allowed the same rights as whites...something along the lines of people saying..."Allow blacks to vote??? what's next?? allowing cats and dogs to vote?"

You need to wake up and realize you are clinging onto feelings of the past. I have faith that our country is going to leave those hateful feelings behind.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
FlashDance said:
Squeegee..the things you say scare me. It's people like you that woman weren't allowed to vote for many years, and black weren't allowed the same rights as whites...something along the lines of people saying..."Allow blacks to vote??? what's next?? allowing cats and dogs to vote?"

You need to wake up and realize you are clinging onto feelings of the past. I have faith that our country is going to leave those hateful feelings behind.

Take it with a grain of salt buddy. I am really sarcastic, don't take every thing I said personally. I like to start riot and discussions..

Fred

lock

Reaction score
ccs, you dont have to solve their marriage problems, just tell them you want to meet guys...