How to get the right derMATCH Colour?!!

JamesB

Reaction score
Hi Guys...

I've got two tins of dermatch here, light brown and medium brown. Unfortunatly my hair falls in between both colours. I've used the product with great success, i really do like it, but i'm put off by the fact that it doesn't easily match my hair colour.

I've tried mixing the two colours but that never seems to get the right mix. I was just wondering what other guys do who might be in this boat?

Cheers.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
well i dont use dermmatch ...but i can give 2 ideas of suggestion.

1. if u mix it and its not exact does it kinda look like u have highlights or something along htose lines cuz if so thats woulnd't be a horrible look

2. go with a shade darker cuz if u go lighter it gives an appearance that the hair on top is thinner because it isn't as dark as the sides....if u notice people with perms that are thin, there har covers the head but is considerabley lighter than the sides.

Hope that can help

JamesB

Reaction score
Thanks for that mate...

Yeah I think its just a matter of trial and error. Its just a shame because the product does work really well. It would be nice if they developed some more colours.

CHeers,

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
another suggestion I can make is dying your hair....granted that sounds kinda gay to some dudes, either way.....

I gotta quick q for you what would u describe your norwood and overall hair density, because although it doesn't match your hair you did say it covers well.

JamesB

Reaction score
Hey Pal...

Actually, I've currently dyed my hair bright blonde meaning both my med brown and light brown won't really work. Having said that, blonde hair does hide thinning alot better than dark hair. I've got diffuse thinning over all the hair, but, touch wood, its not too bad at present. I'm thinking of giving Kerosen (however you spell it) ago as toppik works ok for me.

As the dark roots grow out again, I'll try it again and see if I can get the match...what do you use?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Had this problem myself. I went for the medium brown and it made my hair look red/ginger.