how to apply minoxidil to hairline

nate2004

Reaction score
how do yall apply to the hairline without all the liquid running back down into your face and eyes? or is the liquid thick enough to where it doesnt run ?

jeffsss

Reaction score
funny that you ask b/c ijust started using rogaine and had the same problem.

i found that you just just apply it at the front and temples and just tilt your head back for like 15 seconds... let's the stuff run to the rest of your scalp instead of face.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
very simple!! use your finger tips to distribute it evenly..

I can't afford that one of my family see me tilting my head back while standing in front of the mirror! :D

haymes

Reaction score
Yes, just rub it in gently with your fingers for about 20 seconds. Wash hands with soap and water, and all set.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Be aware that minoxidil diffusely absorbs. I'd apply solution about 1/4" above the desired area. Otherwise, you may get mini-hairs extending below the hairline, as I am now. Very odd looking to say the least.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Weepy said:
Be aware that minoxidil diffusely absorbs. I'd apply solution about 1/4" above the desired area. Otherwise, you may get mini-hairs extending below the hairline, as I am now. Very odd looking to say the least.

thanks for the tip.
have any pics? just curious.
email them to me if you'd liek.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm getting small hairs below the front hairline too.

I'm not sure yet whether these are the return of slightly receded frontal hairs, or new wild hairs. I'm thinking the former, because it doesn't seem all that possible the other way.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Weepy said:

If you look closely, people with full heads of hair -- especially teens -- have these mini-hairs at the hair line. The only weird part is getting used to them being there, after being absent for so many years. But I now have those mini-hairs too. I would just avoid placing any minoxidil on your forehead or brows. :)