How much more effective is liquid Rogaine over foam?

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to start using it on the vertex and crown in a convenient way but without losing much effectiveness. Is liquid significantly more effective?

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Foam is proved more effective in studies because of a better delivery system. It's 5% minoxidil in both so not really a big difference. You could listen to a group of 10 forums user that says "liquid is so much better", or you could read the studies and think that most happy users don't waste their time complaining online.

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
Foam is proved more effective in studies because of a better delivery system. It's 5% minoxidil in both so not really a big difference. You could listen to a group of 10 forums user that says "liquid is so much better", or you could read the studies and think that most happy users don't waste their time complaining online.
Interesting. I was told for so long on these boards that liquid was clinically proven to be superior in reults.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
Foam is proved more effective in studies because of a better delivery system.

What are you basing that on? I don't know of any studies making a head-to-head comparison between regular Rogaine and Rogaine Foam. Do you?

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Proven was probably the wrong word. But someone posted a study that foam grew a little more hair than liquid and they said it was because of better absorption. Tried to search it up but couldn't find it. The only reason I commented to this tread is because Im a little tired of 10 guys on this forum that are very "pro-liquid" and always comments whenever someone says foam.