How much does Propecia lower DHT?

FruktPalm

Reaction score
I got libido sides on 1mg immediately.

After being 4 weeks off, i started again with 0.5mg on the days i work out and 0.25mg on the days i dont. I take Creatine mono, 5g on the days i work out.

I need some numbers on how much each specific dose lowers dht.

Should i keep the dose at 0.25mg, or do i get any benefits by taking 0.5mg after i hit the gym?

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
It's important that you're able to at least try to objectively distinguish between what is real and what is imagined with regard to lower libido. It's extremely easy to suppress your libido even without finasteride simply by worrying about your performance. That should be telling. I don't mean to suggest that what you're experiencing isn't real, just that you should be aware of just how easy it is to lower psychologically.

If you've convinced yourself that the drug you're taking is invariably going to adversely effect your sexual appetite or performance to any degree, it acts as an inverse "placebo effect" even if the Finasteride really isn't doing much at all to your libido. Consequently, as a result of your belief, your body follows in kind physiologically to match the thought patterns you've subconsciously set as instructions for your body to follow.

My dermatologist that prescribed my Propecia was clear on this point, even using real examples of how of her patients on finasteride, the few that reported sexual sides were adhering to internet fear-mongering by the 1% crowd that actually do most of the posting, and they under perform when they start reacting to the hype. When she told them it's likely in their head, they come back 2 weeks later saying she was right.

I encourage you to experiment with this, and let go of any apprehension or misconception you may have about Finasteride, at least temporarily, to see if it isn't all just in your head.

Hoppi

Reaction score
32210168_DHT.GIF

Hope that helps :) That's with a single dose of course, so it takes a bit of working at to determine the effects of taking a certain dose daily, every other day, or whatever!

FruktPalm

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
32210168_DHT.GIF

Hope that helps :) That's with a single dose of course, so it takes a bit of working at to determine the effects of taking a certain dose daily, every other day, or whatever!

Does anyone have the chart for continuous use?

Let say i take 0.5 mg and wait till the third day to take another one.

The dose lowers dht from 65 to 40 on day 1, then it raises to 42 on day 2 and 45 on day 3. Will the level of dht lower down back to 40 or by the same amount (25) as day 1, from 45 to 20, (65-40=25). =?

If it were as the later example, wouldn't it mean that dht would go down to 0 in 2 weeks or so? The effect wears off much slower than the effect of taking a pill every day.

Anyway, what dose would you recommend? I get sides on 1mg. I've been taking 0.25 once a day now and sides aren't to noticeable.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
FruktPalm said:
Let say i take 0.5 mg and wait till the third day to take another one.

The dose lowers dht from 65 to 40 on day 1, then it raises to 42 on day 2 and 45 on day 3. Will the level of dht lower down back to 40 or by the same amount (25) as day 1, from 45 to 20, (65-40=25). =?

If it were as the later example, wouldn't it mean that dht would go down to 0 in 2 weeks or so? The effect wears off much slower than the effect of taking a pill every day.

It doesn't work that way! :) It would drop a little lower than 40 after the second dose (and subsequent doses every third day), but probably not what you would consider to be a whole hell of a lot more. It should eventually reach a "steady-state" level that's fairly close to what you would get with a full dose of 1 mg/day.

FruktPalm said:
Anyway, what dose would you recommend? I get sides on 1mg. I've been taking 0.25 once a day now and sides aren't to noticeable.

Why not just go with the 0.25?

grove12345

Reaction score
i believe creatine increase testosterone or DHT something of that matter, even though its a non hormonal drug.
so maybe get off that.

and im not a fan of mixing up dosages of finasteride constantly.
switching between .5 and .25 a few time a week aint good IMO