How many hairs do you lose in the morning comb?

skull

Reaction score
Obviously, you can't count that hair that you lose all day, so as an indication, how many do you drop when you comb your hair when you wake up?
For me, each morning starts with a small depression the occurs after losing 35-40 hairs each morning (using Propecia for about two month and a half.
What about you people? do you also count hair? I feel kind of crazy doing this.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
to be honest with you, i've avoided brushing or combing ever since my hairloss really took effect. but i wash my hair probably every two or three days and i'd say i lose 50-60 hairs per hair wash so i'd say we're about on par. i dunno if that's standard or not though.

skull

Reaction score
Do you also notice that in the morning after the night you shampoo you hair, you lose so much more hair?

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
i shed more hair combing after using nizoral than with a normal shampoo. also my hair sheds more some days than others. seriously need to stop counting hairs, its getting me stressed!

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I'm not worried about shedding ever since I started finasteride

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
The main purpose of finasteride is to try and keep what you have! When you're on finasteride you know there is something inside you working away - when hairs come out in shower, on the pillow, while combing you kinda feel more sure they will grow back!

resu

Reaction score
5 to 10 hairs a day on top, it's thinning but not shedding. Go figure.

Edit: The problem is that it continues to fall in the day so it may be much more and we don't notice it, I would risk saying around 20-30 a day from all areas of the scalp.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i use a board bristle brush. usually brush my hair twice a day. in totality, i lose between 100-200 hairs daily including shower drain and brush. yes, i count hair :p

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
ditto on resu. i only really notice losing hair in the shower when i'm rinsing out from a hair wash so it doesn't concern me too much right now. definitely a bit thinner than (at least i thought) i was before, but yeah, only probably 15 or so per hair wash, 20 - 25 tops i'd say.