how long was it before you accepted your hairloss?

imissmyhair

Reaction score
from the moment you discovered hairloss untill you were comfortable with it?

i just noticed about 6 months ago i was thinnin out and started treating it 3 weeks ago, i feel good im doing something, but how long was it untill you come to terms with it and stop thinking about it all the time?

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
It’s been nearly 3 years since I first noticed my loss and I still think about it all the time.

Slightly more in the week after I get my haircut, less so when it’s grown out a bit.

I think the only time anyone really comes to terms with it is when they throw in the towel and sport either a shaved head or the lovely horseshoe pattern…

Def

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
about a year before i decided to do something, well i was 20 so i was hoping it wasnt but alas it is

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
i started losing hair 5 years ago. the crown was getting bigger very slowly. Last year, I began to shed excessively, so I decided to do something about it. I hope I can recover to what it was 3-4 years ago....

Petchsky

Reaction score
About two years into my treatment i began to accept the hair i have and no longer became offended if someone called me baldy... I could really laugh it off, rather than pretending to laugh it off and secretly plotting their demise.

Realising that it has not effecting my chances with women and making me less shallow has also helped.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
hey I'm 21 too with a thinning vertex.

I started to thin about 8 or 9 months ago. At that time I was obssessing over it like crazy. Going on this forum every minute of the day and constantly standing in front of the bathroom mirror with a small hand mirror in my hand looking at the back of my head. I once stood there for 2 hrs just staring.

After I got on Propecia and nizoral a month or two ago I think about it much less. I guess knowing that you're doing all you can to combat male pattern baldness gives you a little breathing room.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
about 5 years

id say i only became comfortable with it this summer and ive been losing it since summer when i was 15 (im 20 now)

imissmyhair

Reaction score
thx for the input guys i look forward to the day when i am once again comfortable being myself, regardless of the condition on my hair :)

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll accept the fact I am balding and there's nothing I can do to stop it now because it's heriditary. But I will not resort to looking older than 40 at age 22. Life could be worse, but I don't know why this is killing me when it shouldn't. It didn't hurt my balding relatives, but for me it does.

I started a regimen now with Nizoral 1%, Tom Hagerty's scalp exercises and trying some natural products on my head. I'm losing my patience, I've been checking this forum a lot and I don't know why my hair loss has been controlling me. I'm checking the mirrors to see if it looks good. It's taking over my life when I have college to finish.

In some lights, I look thin in front. But in huge lights, I can see the horseshoe pattern developing. Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing the regimen. The razor may have to come soon. I've lost patience.

I feel down all the time. Gene Therapy probably will be availible when I'm 70 and Hair Multiplication will come when I'm a Norwood 7 in 5 years.

Acceptance is the next step unless I win the lottery. Then I can help fund research to bring the next best treatments

When I can get my hair back, I'll find every person who made fun of my hair loss and kick them square in the nuts.

twmajors

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you ever lost a best friend? You miss them all the time at first and then over the years it gets easier. I started balding when I was 19 and I'm almost 28 now.
Most days I'm completely fine with it. Some days, I miss my looks.
You do what you can the best that you can and that's life.
I didn't really get over it until about a year ago.

Hopefully that helps.

tu pac

Reaction score
hey I am 22 with diffuse started at 21, it really progressed fast to a full out ou horeshoe. i to spent endles houre of suffering holding a hand mior infront of bathroom miror just like you, im betting soon you will be buzzing on 1 it looks cool though if you grow a smooth thin chin strap and pick up some nice specs, its instyle if you dress hip hop or wear dress tops,was wondering if iyou or anyone had any speciific routines for this type of hair loss or if im destined to bic no matter what.

Britannia

Reaction score
I was comfortable with my hairloss when I was with my girlfrined, but now Im single it really bothers me.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Nearly 5 years of hairloss for me and I'm no more over it than the day I first realised it was going.

lil weezy

Reaction score
occasional valium stints when i get super down but all in all it comes in waves. some days i wanna rock a shaved head, some days i wanna jump on everyhair loss drug out there, some days i wanna jump on a good hair piece, this sh*t never ends.

raikkonen

Reaction score
as long as i can see hairs on my comb, sink i wont accept it, ikept thinking about it 24/7...