How long before Propecia worked for you?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
Still thinning, as in...you took pictures before you started finasteride and you have something to compare it to? Or "My hair is still thin after 8 months"? There's a big difference. First the finasteride has to slow/stop the hairloss. Then those hairs have to come back, then they have to shed those hairs once or twice before they become large enough to really make a difference.

I was on it for about 14 months before I really noticed a change in appearance, although I did notice that I wasn't losing as much during the day.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still thinning, as in...you took pictures before you started finasteride and you have something to compare it to? Or "My hair is still thin after 8 months"? There's a big difference. First the finasteride has to slow/stop the hairloss. Then those hairs have to come back, then they have to shed those hairs once or twice before they become large enough to really make a difference.

I was on it for about 14 months before I really noticed a change in appearance, although I did notice that I wasn't losing as much during the day.

i read somewhere you said 18 months... im at month 14... still looking for hope... going through a BAD shed...

Bowser

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 18 months on finasteride now. Have had repeated cycles of shedding over the whole time. Things settled a bit for months 12-17, possibly minor sheds. Have had major shed this month- I know this because I'm managing to pull **** loads of hair out while applying minoxidil especially in frontal area (an area where u normally never could just 'tug' one out)- and frankly my hair looks like a pile of **** at the moment!!

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 18 months on finasteride now. Have had repeated cycles of shedding over the whole time.

Same here. I think I have maintained although I'm not sure about the crown. I have many good hair days and some bad hair days. I noticed that shampoo and styling play a large role in how I think finasteride works. Some shampoos (head&shoulders) make my hair look very thin. nizoral makes it look good. Hair spray gives my hair volume and I can cover my balding area better.

I think this together with your mind playing tricks on you is often what happens when we think we thin out more.

blondguy

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride/propecia for 10 months. I have been taking pictures the whole time and ONLY have seen my hair shed more, and faster as time has gone on. My dermo originally said to expect to see changes after 4 months. At first I was excited by the big shed, was prepared for it emotionally because I thought I would get growth afterwards. Annnnd I am still waiting. My new derm has told me something different- that usually meds likes these almost never work EXACTLY perfectly. And in fact my hair could already be showing the full benefits of propecia... so thats depressing. Dont know what to tell you.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
^
I'm in a similar situation. My hair became thinner early on after starting Propecia, and I assumed it was the shed that I read about, but it has been about 10 months now.
:jackit:

@

@X@ WEBSITE I USED TO BUY

I have found this thread when searching forum and wonder if anyone had any luck with Propecia too. After one month of using Propecia, I noticed a decrease in the loss of hair after a shower. For some it does take time, while other’s might see a significant slowdown in shedding and even some regrowth after only three or four months.

Last edited by a moderator:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
About 7 months until I noticed improvement

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost instantly. If this drug didn't kill your dick and prostate and lowered neurosteroids it would be a miracle.

Last edited: