Horrible Skin side effects from Minoxidil / Rogaine

evasoo

Reaction score
I´m 41 years old . In my family all of us usually have very good skin. My entire life ,people always told me I didn´t look my age
I started Minoxidil 2%. I have to say that I was using in one apliccation (at night) like 2 times more than the recomended dose. I started in 2010 ,and left it in 2014, when I began to think than minoxidil could be the cause of my ; pore enlarged, bad skin colour, dark circles, really dry skin, and loss of subcutaneous fat ( baby fat). And despite being healthy woman, I always now look tired or sick. I can barely recognise myself in the mirrow.
My mum (73) Used only for one year , and she ´s got skin atrophy. A lot of wrinkles in the whole face. And she used to have a really good skin just before minoxidil , as me.
When I started to think that minoxidil had caused this, I began to research throught internet.
I´ve read quite a lot testimonies in Men´s forum, about bad skin side effects , you just have to write in the search button: Minoxidil and wrinkles, and read some of the related posts
This side effect will only happen to a % people fortunately. But when happen to you it´s a really hard time.

Minoxidil is an inhibitor of lysyl hydroxylase, an enzyme involved in collagen production, and decreases collagen production in vitro.

You can read the studie here:

http://www.jbc.org/content/262/25/11973.short