Hormones?

G

Does it matter when you have your hormonal levels checked? I believe I have excess DHT/Testerone.

However, I don't know when I should have my hormones tested. Before my cycle or after.

Ladies - when did you get your hormone levels checked. Did your doctor ask you to wait until you were on your menstrual cycle before he tested you. Does it matter. (I do know that hormone levels can vary greatly.) Please me know.

I'm just confused...

mayalopecia

Reaction score
hormone testing

Hi Vagirl2,

If you suspect you have excess DHT/Testosterone, this should show up in your bloodwork any time of the month. In addition, you may exhibit other symptoms of hyperandrogenicity, such as excess facial hair (in the male pattern), body hair (happy trail, around the nipples--though some level of this is considered normal), acne and oily skin.

I have heard that the best time to get hormone levels checked is on day three of your cycle, though I am currently researching :study: and will try to confirm later. I know that little concern was given to the time of month when I was tested, on several ocassions. And my androgens were quite elevated every time. Perhaps there are others who can help with your question in more detail. Anyone???

Cheers,
-maya

awroni

Reaction score
Hormone Testing

I was told by my doctor that it depends on your age, your menstrual cycle (if it's regular or not). I am in my mid-thirties with a regular period. He had me take a saliva test, 19-21 days after my cycle began.