Hormone Replacement Therapy Reverted My Androgenetic Alopecia

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I wanted to say is :
A lot of guys are thinking about taking Anti Androgens like Cyproterone, or Bicalutamide, or even Estradiol. They think it's the best choice.
I say : No.
They just have to nuke DHT level. With Dutasteride.
It's not because you lower your testosterone level that your hair will be saved. I'm sure of that now. Even if you lower your testosterone levels to female ranges. Even women, with female testosterone range, lose their hair. That's what I learnt from trans MTF actually. I'm disappointed, because I really thought it will cure my hair loss ...
If you have a very agressive hair loss, don't take Testosterone blockers, just take Dutasteride at high dose, and it will work. And you won't have boobs. But it may kill your libido like it does with me. (And Cyproterone + Bicalutamide + Low dose Dutasteride = high libido).
suit yourself, I'm gunna stay on the safe side and reduce both T and DHT. :D

folfoxorack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
suit yourself, I'm gunna stay on the safe side and reduce both T and DHT. :D

It's not a the safest choice if you're not trans actually. But ... I cant criticize you, because I still do the same :/

hlt4678

Reaction score
My regimen is definitely not suitable for other people than trans women. Being a cisgender dude or a non-binary person who's not okay with the idea of boob growth is problematic and will eventually lead to what us trans women feel pre-transition - gender dysphoria. Maybe not all individuals who are not questioning their gender will be dysphoric by having boobs, but most will.

I completely agree with you, Chilvisio. If you are a guy and you take hormone replacement therapy drugs you need to be very careful. Dysphoria has ruined my life. It's made me loose all my confidence. The best way I can explain how it feels is that if you are a guy with hair loss you can remember those moments when you look up at your hairline and notice there is has been more shedding. You get that hopeless, panicky feeling. Because you know it could be permanent. It's not good. Now translate that to the rest of your body. This is what Dysphoria feels like. This is what trans women experience when they go through male puberty. Every time you look in the mirror. Every single time you notice something. You notice your chest hair growing and your muscles developing and you voice going deeper and deeper. You get that hopeless panicky feeling, throughout your day. It's not just your hairline it's your whole f*****g body. It's horrendous. It can sap the life out of you. So can you imagine growing breasts and you know that you are a guy and you don't want breasts? You want your *** to fill out, like mine did? Loss of libido? Or your chest hair falling out?

Just be careful, guys.

The safest meds like Leuprorelin are unaffordable on the long run.

I am very lucky in that the country I live in has universal healthcare and I can get Leuprorelin injections for free. I used to be on Cypro 50mg a day and after switching five months ago to Leuprorelin I've not noticed any real changes except I know that it's probably healthier over time.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, Chilvisio. If you are a guy and you take hormone replacement therapy drugs you need to be very careful. Dysphoria has ruined my life. It's made me loose all my confidence. The best way I can explain how it feels is that if you are a guy with hair loss you can remember those moments when you look up at your hairline and notice there is has been more shedding. You get that hopeless, panicky feeling. Because you know it could be permanent. It's not good. Now translate that to the rest of your body. This is what Dysphoria feels like. This is what trans women experience when they go through male puberty. Every time you look in the mirror. Every single time you notice something. You notice your chest hair growing and your muscles developing and you voice going deeper and deeper. You get that hopeless panicky feeling, throughout your day. It's not just your hairline it's your whole f*****g body. It's horrendous. It can sap the life out of you. So can you imagine growing breasts and you know that you are a guy and you don't want breasts? You want your *** to fill out, like mine did? Loss of libido? Or your chest hair falling out?

Just be careful, guys.

I am very lucky in that the country I live in has universal healthcare and I can get Leuprorelin injections for free. I used to be on Cypro 50mg a day and after switching five months ago to Leuprorelin I've not noticed any real changes except I know that it's probably healthier over time.
I'm sure this is very true for most, but honestly I'm not trans but I f*****g hate hairloss and taking hormones is the best decision i've ever made

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you wrote somehow reminded me of the story of the person who had an neurological illness that was put into remission (now for 3 years) by using HRT. They claim to identify as male, they don't look dysphoric and they are living with their wife.
So maybe some cis people may for some reason consciously go through the sex change process and not feel that bad, but I've seen many testimonials from cis people with Androgenetic Alopecia who were at some pount taking estradiol to regrow their hair and most of them are unhappy with their breast growth.

Which were exactly the desired effects of HRT. And loss of male libido was one of the effect I loved most. It was of course replaced by female libido which I guess a cisgender male person won't like that much.
geez, that's Interesting but I hope I don't have a neurological illness! Im fine as long as I can wear a loose shirt without looking unusual, If my boobs get too big I could get them surgically removed. Most other effects are positive actually. like having less acne and body odor is not bad

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
geez, that's Interesting but I hope I don't have a neurological illness! Im fine as long as I can wear a loose shirt without looking unusual, If my boobs get too big I could get them surgically removed. Most other effects are positive actually. like having less acne and body odor is not bad

Won't they just regrow if you cut them off though

hlt4678

Reaction score
I'm sure this is very true for most, but honestly I'm not trans but I f*****g hate hairloss and taking hormones is the best decision i've ever made

That's cool. You are the master of your own body. I hope you have been to a fertility clinic and banked some sperm if that is a thing you feel you need to do. Lots of trans women do this before hrt.

Which were exactly the desired effects of HRT. And loss of male libido was one of the effect I loved most. It was of course replaced by female libido which I guess a cisgender male person won't like that much.

Same! Diminished libido is one of best things for me. It just feels like your back in charge of your own body. :)

4hair4him

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They actually dont regrow by themselves once the stem cells had been removed. I've seen an article dated 2009 in media suggesting that stem cells transplants are able to help women who went through mastectomy to be able to regrow their breasts. So, once removed, they don't regrow :)

You are very pretty. I thought you were a cis-woman. I am happy, that you got majestetic results with your programm. For woman, shaving your hair and fixing your mindset is no real solution like for us men.