Hoppi's update

Hoppi

Reaction score
Hello everyone :)

The forum I often frequent now is down.. plus I missed this crazy ol' place! So how's it going, everyone? ^_^

Basically erm, I'm still struggling away but I feel like I've learned SO much you have no idea! Hair, health, Ray Peat, hormones, bloodflow, etc etc etc! If you're curious about where I stand on all this atm then it's all in my sig and regimen! Perhaps I'll copy it into this post just in case they change over time which I'm sure they will:

Current understanding of male pattern baldness: Hormonal imbalance (possibly involving low progesterone or high ER-a) causes greater DHT expression, which coupled with poor galea bloodflow (probably caused by muscular tension) causes sebum build up, infection, inflammation and hair loss.

Regimen: Boar bristle brushing & supplementary retinol. Planning to use topical nicotinic acid and hopefully correct health and hormones!

Results: Some regrowth but still losing hair. Getting there I think!

Now, I have a habit of being controversial as I'm sure some of you remember, but before you have a go do remember that the "big 3" tackle precisely what I refer to above (finasteride - DHT, minoxidil - bloodflow, ketoconazole - infection and possibly sebum through the drying effect).

Anywho that's it, pleasure to be back and I hope we can all learn a lot from each other!

Peace out, dudes!

Hoppi :)

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
losing hair daily is natural,. , this don't involves suffer male pattern baldness.

M

macimate

So basically you're still a completely deluded moron?

I honestly believe you have the IQ and outlook of a clinically retarded person.

There's nothing you can teach any of us. You're deluded, naive and stupid by nature. We already know what works, propecia and minoxidil. Everything else is complete bull**** in terms of keeping and/or regrowing your hair.
Once better alternatives come along, we'll all know about it. Then you can choose to stay a retarded hippie believing in your ridiculous bloodflow and herbal-theories and become even balder.

Leave this issue to the scientists, and stfu

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
So basically you're still a completely deluded moron?

I honestly believe you have the IQ and outlook of a clinically retarded person.

There's nothing you can teach any of us. You're deluded, naive and stupid by nature.

Leave this issue and stfu
He is not the only deluded retarded moron..........................................:roll:.Some people need to practice what they preach...............:roll:

Hoppi

Reaction score
He is not the only deluded retarded moron..........................................:roll:.Some people need to practice what they preach...............:roll:

Yeah it was a bit of a harsh post I thought! I mean, just because my views are different does NOT mean they are necessarily deluded!

I mean hey I've been researching this stuff for years now!

Before someone bashes me, I wish they'd ask themselves if they actually know what the galea is, what relevant functions progesterone performs, what estrogen receptor alpha is, and so on! If you don't know then learn! Or at least don't attack people over something you don't understand.

Here are some fascinating articles about the galea and progesterone in relation to Androgenetic Alopecia:

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index....butors/the_mechanics_of_male_pattern_baldness

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Pr...ith-a-Radical-New-Theory-and-Simple-Treatment

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-info/progesterone.htm

Remember that big pharma doesn't want you to be well they want to make money from you using patents. If there is no money in something they'll drop it. However I am doing this because I care about myself and others and so am not driven by where I can obtain the next patent. THAT is the main difference here :)

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
macimate, your comments are inappropriate, please respect other peoples opinions even if they don't match your own.

Please debate your reasons in a constructive non offensive ways.

Thanks,
Zeroes

Hoppi

Reaction score
hey hoppi

are you doing Peat's diet recommendations?

For the most part :)

Still learning, but my diet is very Peat-y yeah.

On the topic of hair brushing to cause wounding and therefore stimulate bloodflow... I can PROMISE you guys it works. It has given me hairline fluffy regrowth and I was only doing it once a day. I'm now doing it twice a day because Ferox on another forum says he actually managed to regain his 18 year old hair with pretty much brushing alone and I've heard similar stories too. There is a blog where a woman who had/has what looks like FPB regrew her hair to the hairline with brushing alone.

It's very simple. Bloodflow is poor in the galea area, and brushing causes wounding thereby stimulating vasodilation/bloodflow. Boar bristle brushes work well because they have lots of coarse bristles which results in more scratching/wounding. And that's it! :)

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For the most part :)

Still learning, but my diet is very Peat-y yeah.

On the topic of hair brushing to cause wounding and therefore stimulate bloodflow... I can PROMISE you guys it works. It has given me hairline fluffy regrowth and I was only doing it once a day. I'm now doing it twice a day because Ferox on another forum says he actually managed to regain his 18 year old hair with pretty much brushing alone and I've heard similar stories too. There is a blog where a woman who had/has what looks like FPB regrew her hair to the hairline with brushing alone.

It's very simple. Bloodflow is poor in the galea area, and brushing causes wounding thereby stimulating vasodilation/bloodflow. Boar bristle brushes work well because they have lots of coarse bristles which results in more scratching/wounding. And that's it! :)
Hmm that's interesting, is it like the derma roller I've heard of? I'd give this a go if I could get shot of these scalp spots!

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting theory, I grew up with the thought that brushing causes hairloss because you would damage the roots or something like that. I think I am going to add this to my regime.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Glad people are interested in the brushing thing! I'll try to find that blog I was talking about and share all the evidence I can :)

The most fascinating thing I think as I was sharing before is the physiology of the galea region. I just learned yesterday that apparently even the region surrounding the galea where the muscles are (the back and sides, and maybe eyebrows) has poor bloodflow too just not as bad as the galea itself, probably due to the tension of the muscles there. I've had dandruff and mild loss in these areas too so I really wanted an explanation.

As for hormones... my best guess is that a single systemic hormone change causes the androgenic shift and most likely a single different hormone causes the increase in galea tension, but I'm only speculating.

For androgens, progesterone is an anti-androgen and binds to 5ar and very commonly plummets with age. Suspicious? :)

Estrogen receptor alpha (ER-a)... apparently increases with age while beta decreases, but my knowledge of that isn't as good and I'm not sure yet if this affects androgens or hair. Of course, the mystery is that men bald with age even though male sex hormones drop with age across the board. People with Androgenetic Alopecia including women typically have LOW androgens, not high. Even estrogen doesn't seem to rise dramatically (according to the studies I've seen anyway) and prolactin doesn't do much. The stand-out shifts I see with age are progesterone dropping like a stone and I believe stress hormones typically rise, which MAY explain why the galea muscles tighten (I mean think about it - stress does typically tighten muscles and tense the body, and stress is predominantly the work of hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.

Oh, as for brushing damaging the hair... thing is it's not really the hair itself we're trying to brush, it's the scalp to scratch/wound it and cause increase bloodflow. Strangely apparently even running your head under very cold water works, as the body fights the vasoconstriction with vasodilation. So yeah erm, I suppose brushing especially if done badly can potentially harm the follicles but evidence suggests that the positive effects hugely outweigh the negatives! I guess the follicles benefit more from the blood than they suffer from the mechanics of the brushing! :)

And Jacob as for flukes - I still think that bacteria, fungus and parasites (all dysbiosis) is a likely candidate for the digestive issues that often accompany the hormonal changes that cause Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness/FPB. Digestive system health always affects hormones for several reasons particularly leaky gut (increases intestinal permeability).

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Glad people are interested in the brushing thing! I'll try to find that blog I was talking about and share all the evidence I can :)

The most fascinating thing I think as I was sharing before is the physiology of the galea region. I just learned yesterday that apparently even the region surrounding the galea where the muscles are (the back and sides, and maybe eyebrows) has poor bloodflow too just not as bad as the galea itself, probably due to the tension of the muscles there. I've had dandruff and mild loss in these areas too so I really wanted an explanation.

As for hormones... my best guess is that a single systemic hormone change causes the androgenic shift and increase in galea tension, but I'm only speculating.

For androgens, progesterone is an anti-androgen and binds to 5ar and very commonly plummets with age. Suspicious? :)

Estrogen receptor alpha (ER-a)... apparently increases with age while beta decreases, but my knowledge of that isn't as good and I'm not sure yet if this affects androgens or hair. Of course, the mystery is that men bald with age even though male sex hormones drop with age across the board. People with Androgenetic Alopecia including women typically have LOW androgens, not high. Even estrogen doesn't seem to rise dramatically (according to the studies I've seen anyway) and prolactin doesn't do much. The stand-out shifts I see with age are progesterone dropping like a stone and I believe stress hormones typically rise, which MAY explain why the galea muscles tighten (I mean think about it - stress does typically tighten muscles and tense the body, and stress is predominantly the work of hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.

Oh, as for brushing damaging the hair... thing is it's not really the hair itself we're trying to brush, it's the scalp to scratch/wound it and cause increase bloodflow. Strangely apparently even running your head under very cold water works, as the body fights the vasoconstriction with vasodilation. So yeah erm, I suppose brushing especially if done badly can potentially harm the follicles but evidence suggests that the positive effects hugely outweigh the negatives! I guess the follicles benefit more from the blood than they suffer from the mechanics of the brushing! :)

And Jacob as for flukes - I still think that bacteria, fungus and parasites (all dysbiosis) is a likely candidate for the digestive issues that often accompany the hormonal changes that cause Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness/FPB. Digestive system health always affects hormones for several reasons particularly leaky gut (increases intestinal permeability).

Thanks again. What type of brush are you using? Have heard mention of the galea, that's the muscle on top of the scalp isn't it?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Thanks again. What type of brush are you using? Have heard mention of the galea, that's the muscle on top of the scalp isn't it?

Yeah check out the articles I posted on page 1! I think I agree that DHT is actually hair promoting - I mean hey it promotes hair EVERYWHERE ELSE! :)

In the galea though due to poor bloodflow it has a different effect but I don't think it's to do with follicle physiology but rather the physiology of the skin due to the muscles there. Makes the whole thing quite simple I find! :)

EDIT --

Oh, check this too, for an interesting anecdote! Obviously his hair isn't/wasn't perfect but he only tugs at it.

Hair bit at 6:55-ish :)

[video=youtube;VQ7o-bV12vY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7o-bV12vY[/video]

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi..if you still think it's part of it(the flukes)..why not include it in your....solution. My guess is we could mention everything you've posted about saying "this is it!" and you'd still say each one is part of the problem.

And I don't get why when the other place goes down..and you decide to post here again.. you..as usual..make statements such as:
Oh that was horrible! I went on..... HairLossTalk!! Oh man that's an experience I don't wanna repeat in a hurry!

On HairLossTalk.com there has been no noticeable change in THREE AND A HALF YEARS - still talking about the big 3 and genetics.

I realize you're sucking up over there..but 1)You obviously don't read all the posts here..and 2) you could actually say that about the other place. No noticeable change in THREE AND A HAlF YEARS. Still no evidence what they're pushing does squat(have you asked for proof/pictures yet?) And still more than half the discussions on other health problems..which doesn't speak well for how healthy that group is after all this time.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
i got the full research paper on skull expansion and hair loss - this is an accepted paper in Medical Hypotheses.

if you want a full copy please click my signature - "Skull expansion (2009)"

Conclusion
The skull expansion hypothesis can give a definitive underlying mechanism for Androgenetic Alopecia. Further study, testing and confirmation of the skull expansion process may yield alternative forms of treatment for this type of hair loss. This may involve identification of the gene(s) responsible for inherited skull shape.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Hoppi, good to see you around buddy. How did your old experiments a couple years ago treat you? I remember it was something along the lines of phsyllium husks (sp?)

Anyway, ignore the attacks. While I may not fully subscribe to your ideas I respect that you are constantly searching for ways to better yourself.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
so you still have to pay money to find out the secrets of this Galea method?

is there a way to combat the Galea that doesn't require using surgery, botox, or ripping your hair out with a brush?

(btw - if the Galea theory is true, then why does transplanted hair onto the top of the head/galea region not fall out?)