Hopeful15's Story

Hopeful15

Reaction score
I am not sure how this works. I was just surfing the net and see what I could find out about hairloss. I am 33 and My hair has been falling out for 14 years. I first started noticing that it was thinning after my first chilld, 14 years ago. I had long thick hair and now I hardly have any left to do anything with. It is like everyone says, devastating and yet you know not life threating. I did not know that there was alll these tests to do. I have been to 2 dermatologists and my gyn. I have been on rogaine for a couple of years. I was told on my last visit to get on the pill even though I have had my tubes tied. I just lost 25lbs and I don't want to gain weight again. I am soo tired of this you would think they would have answers. I don't know if I should risk it after reading all the people saying they thought they had hairloss after taking the pill. I did take ortho tri cyclen for a year or so after my first child. They made me sick. I didn't know about all these different types of tests. How do you go about actully getting someone to listen to you long enough to ask them to do the test? Could someone please telll me what kind of tests to ask for? I did have several test run, but I was not sure what they were and the doctor said they were normal. I know one was thyroid. If some one could help me to at least get all the test I need it would be much appreciated. Thanks .

G

Hi Hopeful15,

Welcome to the board, sorry you are having this problem!

I think many times when women have their tubes tied, they can experience hair loss due to the changes in the hormones. Maybe Mayalopecia can help or post something about this.

As for recommended tests, http://www.heralopecia.com/guide/part3.php That is a good place to start. You can print the page out and tell your doctor what you would like to have taken.

The Hormone ones are for hormones, the Serrum Ferritin is for iron levels/anemia, etc.

How did the Rogaine work out for you?

Maybe they told you to get on the pill to help balance out your hormones?

Keep in touch!

Laura