Hooray for Hair - 2nd FUE procedure with Dr Umar

Hooray for Hair

Reaction score
Hi all.
One month ago, I completed my second FUE procedure with Dr Umar.
My first was in August of 2007, and I had 3000 grafts relocated.
At the nine month mark, I went back for another 1600 to enhance my temples and add density to the area directly behind my original 3000 grafts.
Anyway, my website explains all, complete with comprehensive pics of my experience and progress.
I'll be updating the 2nd procedure section soon.

All the best

H f H

http://www.hoorayforhair.com

s.a.f

Reaction score
Whats with Dr Umar does'nt he use conventional donor hair? I cant understand why you have'nt used hairs from the proper donor area. Dont you know that nape hair is subject to thinning?

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good job hooray you seem to be doing perfect at month 9. Cant wait to see the results of your new hair transplant. Hope it works out weel

As for dr. umar
I feel unsure with the "experiments" that dr. umar performs, but till now, he gets many good results. Never heard of a bad comment about him.

I hope more doctors start to master BHT soon. Perhaps it would be easier to make BH take head hair characteristics than clone head hair. Even without it, he seems to be the best option for nw6 and nw7s to have a decent coverage....

Hooray for Hair

Reaction score
Thanks Sphlanx.
I'll keep you all updated as the months go by.

SAF, Dr Umar is of the opinion that nape hair only thins in the severest of Norwoods, and he takes this into account during your consultation. In my case, based on my age and degree of hairloss, he feels that I'm not headed towards a NW7, so he feels that it's safe to use my nape hair.
The obvious advantage of nape hair is that the hairline and temples are finer and more natural looking. He then uses scalp hair directly behind the nape hair, in order to give a natural flow to the hair thickness.
Some people have complained that when a doctor uses scalp hair straight into the hairline, it looks a little thick and pluggy. Nape hair in front softens this effect.
Anyway, we can but wait and see.
As I said, I'll keep you all updated regardless of how good or bad things turn out!
But this pic from the nine month mark of my first hair transplant using both scalp and nape hair looks promising, I think.
Keep in mind when you see it that every single hair you see has been planted by Dr Umar. My baldness had progressed to well behind my fingers, so all you would've seen in this photo prior to Dr Umar is a shiny bare forehead. :)
I think it's looking nice and natural.

All the best

H f H

Attachments

• C.jpg
    C.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 2,025

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
Cool site Hooray. Best luck with your hair transplant no. 2. Did u use any body hair or is it all head hair?

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not think Umar would steer you in a bad direction. I know a few clinics using nape for hair transplant from ppl they feel smae as Umar felt about you, and it does soften hairlines. I think that nape and beard hairs will be next common "donor area" before HM gets here.