Holland and Barretts MEGA VITAMINS FOR HAIR

Turbo

Reaction score
Just picked up a bottle of these from a holland barrett shop (UK)

It says on the label:

Mega Vitamins for the hair provides essential nutrients to help your hair be its healthiest. The B vitamins are involved in the energy metabolism which is needed to maintain healthy hair. Biotin plays an important role in hair growth. Choline and Inositol are essential components in cell walls and therefore play a role in maintaining the growth and function of hair cells.

You take 3 tablets a day, one with each meal.

3 tablets contain:

Beta Carotene 6mg
Vitamin c 1000mg
Thiamine (vitamin B1) 84mg
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) 100mg
Niacin 100mg
Vitamin B6 81mg
Folic acid 400mg
vitamin b12 100mg
biotin 2mg
zinc 5mg
l-cysteine 334mg
PABA 100mg
Inositol 500mg
Choline 500mg
Copper 2mg

Seems a good package to me :D I will keep you posted on my results

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It ain't gonna stop you from going bald, and you can take that statement to the bank!

G

zimmy that sh*t'll kill ya'

Ty

Proscar 1.25mg
minoxidil 5% morning and evening
Nizoral shampoo every 3 days

L-Lysine 3g taken on empty stomach (cycled 6 weeks on 2 off)
L-Carnitine 1g taken on empty stomach (cycled 6 weeks on 2 off)
Alpha Lipoic Acid 100 mg daily
Ginkgo 6000mg daily (120mg extract)
Biotin 2.5mg daily (spread through the day)
MSM lignisul 6000mg daily (spread through the day)
Vitamin C 3000mg (esther C) (spread through the day)
Vitamin E 1000 iu daily
Multivitamin Solgar Formula VM75
Multiminiral Solgar Pure Amino Acid Chelated
Green Tea 3-5 cups daily
Cod Liver Oil 1000mg daily
Resveratrol 250 mg daily

L-Arginine (taken with antioxidant) 3g taken on empty stomach before bed (cycled 6 weeks on 2 off)
L-Ornithine 3g taken on empty stomach before bed (cycled 6 weeks on 2 off)
Meltatonin 3 mg before bed (cycled 3 days on 3 days off)

one hundred brown onions (topical)
sex with the neighbours
half an hour of dog baiting (cycled 3 days on 3 days off)
35 minutes 'mind games' with the guy in the chemist shop
lashings of hot custard 2 x daily (topical)
bible study (daily)
cussin' (daily)
starring in the mirror convincing myself that I can see new velus hair that has aways been there but never noticed (2/3 hours) (daily)
sacrifice to various hair gods (chicken 2 x daily)
hair poetry (2 sonnets daily)
homemade cat hair and wood glue mix (topical)

G

zimmy that sh*t'll kill ya'

Vitamin E 1000 iu daily
Green Tea 3-5 cups daily
Resveratrol 250 mg daily

L-Arginine (taken with antioxidant) 3g taken on empty stomach before bed (cycled 6 weeks on 2 off)

sex with the neighbours
bible study (daily)
cussin' (daily)
starring in the mirror convincing myself that I can see new velus hair that has aways been there but never noticed (2/3 hours) (daily)

touche`. :lol:

are we being whimsical Ty or semi-serious?

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sup zim, ty! I used to take Super One, now i just take ABC Plus, as i think most of the Super One just gets pissed away. I got 500 ABC Plus for £8.99, from H & B. :)

Those vits for the Hair do have 2mg of Biotin which may help the hairs appearance. But vitamins will not prevent dht from kicking the *** of your hair follicles Turbo.

G

Sup zim, ty! I used to take Super One, now i just take ABC Plus, as i think most of the Super One just gets pissed away. I got 500 ABC Plus for £8.99, from H & B.

Ive found Super One makes your piss glow in the dark.

G

You notice that Holland and Barret seemingly has a half price sale on every day of the bloody year now, except for stuff that you actually want to buy.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You notice that Holland and Barret seemingly has a half price sale on every day of the bloody year now, except for stuff that you actually want to buy

There's some kind of sale on most of the year at the moment, switching products each time. I got 65% off the ABC Plus. Got some Tea Tree Shampoo half price too...it's ok. Whats the stuff you actually want tho?

G

There's some kind of sale on most of the year at the moment, switching products each time. I got 65% off the ABC Plus. Got some Tea Tree Shampoo half price too...it's ok. Whats the stuff you actually want tho?

Yeah the shop i go to never has Arginine half price or MSM. Makes me do the sad face. :cry:

Redbone

Reaction score
Vitamins for hair loss is junk science don't be fooled by these con artists like Shen min who say that it will stop and re-grow hair.

Watch these people.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah the shop i go to never has Arginine half price or MSM. Makes me do the sad face.

If you order over the net or via phone thay send you leaflets every couple of months with offers that aren't in the shops.

I've seen MSM half price (but H&B is expensive for msm anyhow). I've never seen l-arginine half price tho. As i said tho, the booklet you get in the post has more offers.

G

If you order over the net or via phone thay send you leaflets every couple of months with offers that aren't in the shops.

I've seen MSM half price (but H&B is expensive for msm anyhow). I've never seen l-arginine half price tho. As i said tho, the booklet you get in the post has more offers.

Yeah Lizzad i get their crap in the mail every week!

G

Vitamins for hair loss is junk science don't be fooled by these con artists like Shen min who say that it will stop and re-grow hair.

Amen to that. Only vitamins that can really have benefit (but not stop hairloss) are MSM and Biotin.

G

I smell a classic Lizzad/Zimmy thread hijack brewing.

Zimmy those babies are fine, know them personally, but you really don't want to be pissing around with 150mg of vitamin C, that's for bummers and small women, 1-3g is more the daily figure you want to be going for, for health benifits, and C is best taken away from meals, same with zinc, same with selenium, whilst A, E and D are best taken with food, so you will always be choosing one group to compromise when deciding on when you take them, these sort of multis are always going to be a trade off, but H&B stuff is a world above those little multi things you get in boots and supermarkets.

I personally 'hold no truck' (always wanted to use that phrase) with time release multis, What would drive any self respecting neurotic into spending extra money (they're generally more expensive) on time release A, D and E when, being fat soluble, these are stored in the body anyhow!!! whilst some people can utilise 2000mg of C in one go, trickling 150mg over a time release period would provide little benifit, I also can guarantee the Lysine in that pill will not get any futher than the inferno of the gastric swamp, but shockingly the Vit E is the rather expensive water solube 'succinate', swings and round abouts....

oohhh, I could go on...

Ty

Proscar 1.25mg
minoxidil 5% morning and evening
Nizoral shampoo every 3 days

Vitamin E 1000 iu daily
Green Tea 3-5 cups daily
Resveratrol 250 mg daily

sex with the neighbours
bible study (daily)
cussin' (daily)
5 bum onions (suppository bulb vegatable)

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I smell a classic Lizzad/Zimmy thread hijack brewing.

Looks more like a newfangled tynanW/zimmy thread hijack to me! hehehe

Hows about a 3sum? :twisted:

G

Zimmy those babies are fine, know them personally, but you really don't want to be pissing around with 150mg of vitamin C, that's for bummers and small women, 1-3g is more the daily figure you want to be going for, for health benifits, and C is best taken away from meals, same with zinc, same with selenium, whilst A, E and D are best taken with food, so you will always be choosing one group to compromise when deciding on when you take them, these sort of multis are always going to be a trade off, but H&B stuff is a world above those little multi things you get in boots and supermarkets.

I personally 'hold no truck' (always wanted to use that phrase) with time release multis, What would drive any self respecting neurotic into spending extra money (they're generally more expensive) on time release A, D and E when, being fat soluble, these are stored in the body anyhow!!! whilst some people can utilise 2000mg of C in one go, trickling 150mg over a time release period would provide little benifit, I also can guarantee the Lysine in that pill will not get any futher than the inferno of the gastric swamp, but shockingly the Vit E is the rather expensive water solube 'succinate', swings and round abouts....

oohhh, I could go on...

Thanks Ty, you should work for H&B. :lol:

G

Hows about a 3sum? :twisted:

:freaked: :freaked2: :freaked: :freaked: :rockon: :freaked: :freaked:

Did you all get your invites to the HairlossTalk christmas party?

I simply don't know what to wear, the afro or the cher wig.

Ty

bleach
jazz mags (2x daily, fat, 50 and bald / postal workers' wives)
5 bum onions (suppository bulb vegatable)