Holding back?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Do you think the powers that be i.e. the pharmaceutical companies and hair transplant industry would ever allow a cure for baldness to ever reach the market, for fear of being put out of business? I know this sounds cynical, but wouldn't a cure be less profitable in the long run than than having millions of people depending on less effective medications and treatments that need a lifetime of maintenance at a high cost? Think of the oil industry buying out patents for alternative fuel sources. Who knows, maybe a cure for Cancer already exists and is just forming dust and cobwebs on some fat cats shelf. The hair loss demographic from the industries point of view is a pretty vulnerable one, and it is no doubt that they profit from our insecurities (think of all the ads for bogus gimmicks out there). Do you think that they will ever just give it to us, or are they holding back?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Nahh if a company has discovered a cure they could effectively corner the entire hairloss/bald man/woman market. Which would mean big $$$$$$$$$$ for them, killing off all the comepetition. If anything its the holy grail of the hairloss industry and the moments its discovered they will not hestitate to make it known.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Metaldude, I really want to believe you, but I don't ever trust "the man" when it comes to the almighty dolla.

barcafan

Reaction score
They'll never let a 'cure' out. If a cure DOES arise, they'll be sure to retard it and make sure it's a lifelong commitment.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that all the pharmacy companies are in cahoots with each other. At the moment, you have the choice of Transplant, Wig, concealer, finasteride and all manners of potions and concoctions to rub on your head. Your money is divided between all those companies and products.

If one company invented a 100% effective way to stop men from losing their hair, they'd get 100% of the custom and 100% of the money being spent on hairloss treatments. They could also charge a sh1t-load of cash for the treatment too. Why spend $30 per month on finesteride when it might not work when you can pay $1000 on something that will definately work?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
There is not enough money in hairloss drugs for there to be conspricy. As someone said, its only costing most guys $30 a month for finasteride to maintain there hair. Some people spend $50 a day on cigarettes. So you can see there is no comparrison.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Some people spend $50 a day on cigarettes. So you can see there is no comparrison.

Even if cigarettes avg'd $10/pack that would mean 5 packs a day. That's such a ridiculous analogy.
Do the math before you post.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Ok so it was a slight exagerration. I was trying to prove a point. I didnt care about the maths. Take a chill pill :twisted:

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Ok so it was a slight exagerration. I was trying to prove a point. I didnt care about the maths. Take a chill pill :twisted:

you proved a point for many other ppl...that ur posts are meaningless.

BaldingInGermany

Established Member
Reaction score
It sometimes is hard to believe that there is a cure for almost everything nowadays but there is still no definitve medicine against hairloss.

BobbyChalfont

Established Member
Reaction score
BaldingInGermany said:
It sometimes is hard to believe that there is a cure for almost everything nowadays but there is still no definitve medicine against hairloss.

Male Pattern Baldness isn't an illness and it certainly isn't life threatening. The only real impact it has on a person is psychological, and there are plenty of treatments for depression, anxiety etc.

There's no definitive medicine against getting grey hair either. Human beings grow old. It's a fact of life, get over it. If you're really under the impression that going slick bald will ruin the rest of your life then you need psychological help.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
The entire pharmaceutical industry is fuct to begin with. Just look at all the various advertisements pushing pills for various ailments from restless leg syndrome to acne. In every single case, the possible side effects are way worse than the condition they mean to treat. I love the rushed disclaimers- Possible side effects may include, dimensia, vomiting, uncontrollable bowls and even death, but you can have clearer skin. Is it fulking worth it?

Ackers24

Reaction score
I think what would make every balding and bald guy the most happiest people on the planet is for the male pattern baldness cure to be found and put into pill form, so all you had to do was to just take 1 pill everyday and your hair would grow back and never fall out aslong as you took that one pill....but i dont think it'll ever happen, i dont think a cure will ever truely be found, and if it was...most of us probably wouldnt be able to afford it anyway.