Hinde's Story

Hinde

Reaction score
I'm 23.5 and first noticed that my hair was thinning about five months ago. As of now, no one would say I'm bald or even balding. This is frustrating in its own right. I mean, I know it's happening, and the few people I've told (or confided in) have said that I'm imagining it. Even just this last weekend, my ex-girlfriend was visiting (she's still in school), and she said "you're not balding, but you are crazy." That is what is so upsetting about this whole thing: even though hair loss is not fatal, it is similar to a terminal illness in the sense that the suffer knows his terrible fate in advance. It's like God is saying "Not only do I have something shitty in store for you, but I'm going to make you watch it happen in slow motion."

What makes it worse is that my family has no history of baldness on either side. Hair loss is the one thing I figured I would never have to worry about.

Enough whining. I started Propecia at the end of January 2004 against the wishes of my family. I bought T-Gel and Nizoral and haven't missed a dosage of finasteride 1 mg or a hair washing since 1 AB (after balding, day 1). Unfortunately, I can't say much has changed; my cowlick is a bit bigger and both sides of my head have continued to thin.

Ugh, this f*****g blows. I moved to NYC and expected it to be amazing. It has been. But I can't stop thinking about this sh*t. Every f*****g minute. I see bald guys walking around and it makes me sick. I can't bic my head, I'd look like an ugly pasty big headed freak.

Anyway, this site has been great and entertaining. I don't know any of you, but for some reason your posts are comforting. Although, I wish the negatives were counterbalanced by some positive results.

That's why I've made a promise to myself. If Propecia kicks in and works for me I will sing praises to the gods in Merck above glorifying their sweet concotion. And post many inspirational posts. Nothing so far.

Good luck, guys. Seriously. Hope (and scientific data) is the best thing this site offers.

Hinde

Reaction score
By the way, my goal is to maintain my current hair count (or the one I had when starting Propecia). I'm not greedy or unrealistic. I want the same hair when I'm 30.

Reaction score
Too bad Propecia is known loses its effect in about 2 years and you'll be loosing much more hair than you currently have

G

Majinhanamichi said:
Too bad Propecia is known loses its effect in about 2 years and you'll be loosing much more hair than you currently have

not really, the vast majority of men in the study now into its 6 year have maintained there hair above the baseline. It is true that after the 2 year peak there is a slow drop off in hair, but you will still have more than what you started with.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Is that a slow drop in hair regrowth? Or that you beging to start losing hair the hair that was regrown/maintained?

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Majinhanamichi: Way to be optimistic, the man's trying to deal with his hairloss give him a break. Before you post statisitics why don't you first check to verify that their accurate.

Hinde

Reaction score
so what's the story? i mean even two years would be ok. but how long will propecia work for. if it works at all? are there any long term users of the stuff?

Hinde

Reaction score
Here also upon Cassin's admonition. I'm on

Propecia (beg. 1/23/04)
Nizoral (beg. 1/23/04)

Nothing much to report, which I guess is OK. The fallout doesn't seem to have slowed, and some days I get really upset over my hair and my scalp's constant tingling and itching. But I have long hair and am not yet noticeably bald (knock on wood). So I'm just gonna stick it out with Propecia and hope it starts to work. Not very confident, though. I'll give it another month or two and update again.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Give it time Hinde. You've only been on for two months. I've been on Propecia, Rogaine, and Nizoral for about 3-4 months and I'm starting to see results. You have a lot going for you. You're young and still have a lot of hair. From what I've read here, Propecia seems to work best on people who haven't lost most of their hair.
It's also really hard to tell if you're seeing results since the regrowth is such a slow process. If I didn't take before and after pics I never would have realized my treatment was working so well. Good luck, I hope you do well.

BHD