Hey Propecia Is A f*****g Joke Mmmkay

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Just pulled a sh*t ton of hair out from my retrograde nape. Popping worthless Propecia for a year and 2 months. Temples recessed and recessing.

I'm eating candy corn at the moment and it's probably doing more for my hair.

This, I want to comment on. When I got on finasteride my nape was fine and my neckline just started to creep upwards. Finasteride did not really slow this down a lot. Eventually, it crept upwards. Finasteride does not really seem to be effective for retrogade alopecia. However, it did work to keep the little hair I have on top!

Your assessment that finasteride doesn't work with retrogade matches with my own experience.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
This, I want to comment on. When I got on finasteride my nape was fine and my neckline just started to creep upwards. Finasteride did not really slow this down a lot. Eventually, it crept upwards. Finasteride does not really seem to be effective for retrogade alopecia. However, it did work to keep the little hair I have on top!

Your assessment that finasteride doesn't work with retrogade matches with my own experience.

It doesn't work on anything.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Retrograde alopecia that's when DHT affects not only the top of the head, but also the whole donor area. Cause it's also androgenetic, thinning should stop when androgen stimulation is significantly reduced.

Retrograde effects the nape of the neck up to around the occipital bone, and around the ears and temple points. If your whole donor is thinning/balding, that's DUPA.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just pulled a sh*t ton of hair out from my retrograde nape. Popping worthless Propecia for a year and 2 months. Temples recessed and recessing.

I'm eating candy corn at the moment and it's probably doing more for my hair.

Start on dutasteride ASAP. After 4 weeks, get a blood test for DHT levels. They should be almost zero. If they're not, you're a complete nonresponder.

If your DHT is adequately suppressed, supplement that with topical minoxidil.

Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Anytime someone recommends propecia to another member here that person will lose a hundred follicles. I put a hex on you hairlosstalk.com.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was pretty much phucked until finasteride. I don't get the hate for it. Honestly may have hit norwood 5 and killed myself without it. I only take 0.25mg and it has been hugely helpful for me. I would gladly lick the clit of the daughter of the inventor of finasteride as a token of my appreciation.