[Help Needed] Type 3V hair loss

justinbb

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 25 yrs old and having a type 3V hair loss.
It is gradually getting serious over the past 4 years.

It happens due to genetic hair loss (my father and my brother are also bald).
Can you advice which product works best for genetic hair loss and suitable to use on type 3V hair loss.

I look forward to hearing from you guys

Thanks in advance

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Finasteride

Minoxidil

Nizoral

Don't bother with anything else.

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Regardless of your stage, If you have genetic hair loss, these are your best options.

TheHandsomeLurker

Established Member
Reaction score
To second XXXXXXX, minoxidil and finasteride are the only FDA-approved treatments for male pattern hair loss. Nizoral is believed to help, and some studies show it does, but there isn't as much scholarly literature about it. As he says, all other treatments at this point are at best unproven and at worst snake oil.

Obviously results vary by user, but if you start all three as a NW3, at the very worst you'll cease shedding, but more than likely you'll experience moderate regrowth. On all three, it takes about two years to assess results. If I were you, I'd take a set of photographs each month to get a sense of what's going on. Also note that most hair loss treatments will induce increased shedding at first, but that's usually a sign that they're working.

Make sure you discuss finasteride with a dermatologist before taking it. It has some side effects which some people think make it not worth it. You won't necessarily get the side effects, but you should know the risks.

As for the genetics, the gene most commonly associated with male pattern baldness is the Androgen Receptor gene on the X chromosome, so in many cases men with Androgenic Alopecia get it from their mothers, not their fathers.