[HELP!] Need advice deciding, 15 months into propecia...

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
I has been 15 months since I started propecia, the first 3 months was bad shed, I rided it out... and the next 8 months was wonderful. There were lots of regrowth and I no longer needed Toppik, I got a post in the success story 3 months ago too. I am 26 years old, east asian in Canada, on 0.5mg/day + MSM.

The last 3 months, however, things has gone south. Without changing my strategy, I have been sheding very badly. I notice the hair that fell out are differnet, there is no "bulb" at the end of the hair.

Anyway, most of the hair regrowth from propecia is gone now... the situation is worsen as I need to wear heavy toppik to go out... on top of that, I have been expericing side effect recently... low sex drive and wood is not hard enough... something that I have not been really expericing until now, and this is bothering me!

Shall I stop propecia? What should I do next? Has anyone have similar experience to mine?

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for any positive results. Could just be the male pattern baldness getting more aggressive.

killbill123

Established Member
Reaction score
I noticed you are only on the .5mg/day. Why don't you bump it up to the full 1mg and see if, in 6 months, things aren't better?

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
i m afraid to do so... in fact, i m thinking either to reduce to 0.25mg or quit because of the side effect.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you change place where you normally buy your finasteride or have you always bought your propecia from the same supplier?

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
it is the real stuff all along.. marek propecia!
oh but i did stopped using minoxidil, maybe i need to get back on it.
but i still can't explain the sid effect

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
emery said:
it is the real stuff all along.. marek propecia!
oh but i did stopped using minoxidil, maybe i need to get back on it.
but i still can't explain the sid effect

If you stop using minoxidil, any hair you've grown with it will fall out.

Get back on it dude, I'd recommend using foam over the liquid stuff, it's less irritating and easier to apply. And it doesn't make your hair look like you've combed chip fat into it ;)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I think most of the regrow came from minoxidil, and you lost them all after you stopped minoxidil completely.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
damn, but i m halting propercia too.. my dick is noticably smaller and the hardness have also noticebly not as hard lately .. f***

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL!
propecia did have a huge regrowth on me in mid 06... it is inconsistent.. i dont know what to say.
is everyone in this forum on propecia too?

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Thou shall not use propecia without Rogaine foam.

At 19, my hair were fine but I started to take propecia cuz I thought I was balding a bit on the temples.
At 20-21, still on propecia, my temples worsened.
Now I'm 22, and started rogaine foam 2 months ago and I can see regrowth.

Ive read quiet a bit on this forum, people shouldnt try anything else than Foam + Propecia.

G

recognition2 said:
Thou shall not use propecia without Rogaine foam.

At 19, my hair were fine but I started to take propecia cuz I thought I was balding a bit on the temples.
At 20-21, still on propecia, my temples worsened.
Now I'm 22, and started rogaine foam 2 months ago and I can see regrowth.

Ive read quiet a bit on this forum, people shouldnt try anything else than Foam + Propecia.

poor argument. if you continued to recede past a mature hairline on propecia, adding rogaine foam will only buy you a couple years more. you should look into avodart because clearly your hair loss is too aggressive for propecia to stop. again, listen to what im saying. rogaine foam is just a temporary stopgap measure. if you think it will keep you from getting worse if you really were before on finasteride, you're wrong.