Have you used Toppik Spray Pump or Toppik Hairline Optimizer

Snow-Man

Reaction score
Has anyone here used any of the pump spray applicators which are available for spraying microfibres, such as Toppik or other brands, onto the head?

Such as the spray applicators shown below or any other similar applicators;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3DWatching

http://www.toppik.com/maximizer_detail.asp

If you have used these, did you find it better than simply sprinkling the fibres onto the hair direct from the container?

Just wondering if they’re of benefit or just a gimmick.

Also, has anyone here used the Toppik Hairline Optimizer? It’s looks a bit like a comb and is supposed to provide a more natural looking hairline.

http://www.toppik.com/optimizer_detail.asp

Thanks! :)

BaldingInGermany

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the original Toppik Spray Applicator and I'm disappointed. It's always plugged and doesn't work properly. I have read some great reviews for this product and that's why I bought it but mine just doesn't really work.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the Maximizer pump and I really like it. It is really good for the hairline, and especially for me since I have to work with a transplanted hairline that I have to cover to make it look more realistic.
I actually tried it after reading about it from some guy on here(forgot who it was) who was always raving about it. Well, even though I was skeptical I decided I didn't have much to lose, so I got it, and have been pretty impressed by what I am able to do.
What is really good about it is that you can control more of how much Toppik goes on your head, and where, so it is good for giving yourself a realistic look(i.e. showing some scalp).

Of course, I no longer even try to put concealers on my crown, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how hard or easy it is to spray it on there. I mainly use it on my hairline and top of my head.

Just curious, BaldinginGermany, do you use Toppik in your sprayer, or some other brand?
I've never had any problems with mine clogging up and was just wondering, because I was thinking about trying HairSoReal with my sprayer but I don't want to mess with success.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering if you could use it with Nanogen fibres. And where can you get one from?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Yeah I was wondering if you could use it with Nanogen fibres. And where can you get one from?
I bought mine right from the source: SpencerForrest.com. Those Toppik people.

BaldingInGermany

Established Member
Reaction score
Vinton Harper said:
I have the Maximizer pump and I really like it. It is really good for the hairline, and especially for me since I have to work with a transplanted hairline that I have to cover to make it look more realistic.
I actually tried it after reading about it from some guy on here(forgot who it was) who was always raving about it. Well, even though I was skeptical I decided I didn't have much to lose, so I got it, and have been pretty impressed by what I am able to do.
What is really good about it is that you can control more of how much Toppik goes on your head, and where, so it is good for giving yourself a realistic look(i.e. showing some scalp).

Of course, I no longer even try to put concealers on my crown, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how hard or easy it is to spray it on there. I mainly use it on my hairline and top of my head.

Just curious, BaldinginGermany, do you use Toppik in your sprayer, or some other brand?
I've never had any problems with mine clogging up and was just wondering, because I was thinking about trying HairSoReal with my sprayer but I don't want to mess with success.

I used the original Toppik with the Maximizer pump.

Now I use HairSoReal but without the Maximizer. I think, HSR is better than than Toppik. Toppik looks too dusty and blunt IMO.

johngreek

Reaction score
You can use HairSoReal WITH the maximizer if you want
Anyone who cares how to do it please PM me

The maximizer ofter plugs the first times you use it .
There is a solution , it s a bit disgusting though :puke:
When the mazimizer plugs use your mouth :crazy: and slightly blow in!!
It will unplug immediately
Carefull not to swallow the fibers that end up n your mouth and wash it

My maximizer plugged 4 or 5 times when i first used it but ever since ( more than a year )
works like a charm

One of it's major benefits is , when you learn how to use it , it will considerably lessen the fibers that end up in your sink
and all around , one of the major disadvantages of fibers IMO ( the other being it's zero resistance to swiiming )

hope i helped
cheers

johngreek

Reaction score
++++
important addition to my previous tips

Fibers like toppik , HSR etc are extremely sensitive to moisture . DO NOT keep them in humid environments , cause as a result ( among others ) it could clog the maximizer more often . Keep the cans away from your bathroom , and store them in the dryest place possible

Fanjeera

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a generic spray applicator that would work for toppik bottles? i need to handle them in a bulk