Hasson and Wong FUE?

crowngarden

Reaction score
I know they have and excellent reputation and have been world renowned for their strip surgeries for many years. They do also offer FUE surgeries but I haven't heard much about patient results. I'm looking through their gallery but the photos don't seem to reference wether or not it was strip or FUE (I'm assuming the great majority are strip). Do any of you guys have links to FUE patient results from any of the communities? I'd be really interested to see if their skills and quality of results has translated over to FUE. I know they studied and learned techniques taught to them by Dr. Lorenzo and Dr. Erdogan. I read on their site that they purchased an Artas robot but they admit that a manual punch is superior. So do they use the robot at all? It's a little unclear. They are now performing at least one FUE procedure per day at their clinic (they state that the highly skilled techs are doing the extractions). Anyways, any info on FUE results by Hasson and Wong would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Beware. I contacted Hasson an Wong twice about getting repair work done for a botched hair transplant by a very expensive "world renowned" hair transplant surgeon in Southern California and never got the courtesy of a reply.

Also they have only been doing FUE for a year so do not have much experience. Don't let them show you before and after pictures of FUT patients and then have FUE done with them. The fact that their website doesn't specify FUE or FUT for the pics is a big red flag.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
It's very possible that Hasson & Wong are doing FUE responsibly -- not doing big sessions that they haven't built up the experience to do. That seems to be a major pitfall for new FUE doctors (trying to do big sessions, without a track record of success first). If H&W are doing small sessions (or have limited their sessions in the past) then it makes choosing them for FUE a little safer for the patient. You might not have a big 'megasession' and the process may be a little slower, but the odds of failure are lower. If you are interested in Hasson & Wong for FUE, then you absolutely must discuss their experience, whether they feel they are totally "up to speed" and so on.

Also remember that FUE is only the harvesting method. While that is hugely important, it's also extremely important that the clinic is honest and trustworthy (I would say yes, here), good at long term planning (also yes) and that they are good at graft placement (and here is where H&W probably earned their global reputation). I don't consider them "the first name in FUE harvesting" at this point, but I also wouldn't automatically rule them out, if you have an interest in them.

crowngarden

Reaction score
It's very possible that Hasson & Wong are doing FUE responsibly -- not doing big sessions that they haven't built up the experience to do. That seems to be a major pitfall for new FUE doctors (trying to do big sessions, without a track record of success first). If H&W are doing small sessions (or have limited their sessions in the past) then it makes choosing them for FUE a little safer for the patient. You might not have a big 'megasession' and the process may be a little slower, but the odds of failure are lower. If you are interested in Hasson & Wong for FUE, then you absolutely must discuss their experience, whether they feel they are totally "up to speed" and so on.

Also remember that FUE is only the harvesting method. While that is hugely important, it's also extremely important that the clinic is honest and trustworthy (I would say yes, here), good at long term planning (also yes) and that they are good at graft placement (and here is where H&W probably earned their global reputation). I don't consider them "the first name in FUE harvesting" at this point, but I also wouldn't automatically rule them out, if you have an interest in them.

On their website, they say they are doing at least 1 FUE procedure per day in a addition to however many strip procedures they are performing for that day. But it also states that their technicians do the extractions. I'm assuming that techs would be implanting the grafts as well so the doctors would really only be doing the recipient sites which I guess would not be much different for them than doing recipient sites for a strip procedure. So if that's what has made their results some of the best in the world, then they would definitely be a clinic to consider. My only concern is the extractions. They also state on their site that they have purchased a robot and that extractions may be performed using the robot, or a combination of using the robot and manual extractions. I think a robot may be effective only in assisting a technician in seeing the grafts underneath the scalp with infrared technology. But no way would I feel comfortable letting a robot perform the extractions. Results have been very poor when it comes to that (according to what I've read).

ICUman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't consider them "the first name in FUE harvesting" at this point, but I also wouldn't automatically rule them out, if you have an interest in them.

Who would you consider to be one of the best in FUE, Arfy?

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Who would you consider to be one of the best in FUE, Arfy?

I try not to recommend doctors. But I had a good experience with Dr Ray Woods/Dr Angela Campbell in Sydney Australia (Dr Campbell did almost all of it). I also had a bad experience with Dr Cole in Georgia. Some people like Dr Cole, I don't however, and I would not recommend him. It was expensive, and the yield appears to be zero.

Other than that, I honestly don't know who is doing state of the art FUE now. I'm reading the same forum that you are, I would just be parroting names, and what other people said.