Has azelaic acid changed the game on minoxidil vs. finasteride

person22

Reaction score
Hi, just to start off my knowledge on hair loss is only based on what I've read on forums and articles so this is really just a lay mans opinion but I'd love to hear from you guys on here who know more than me but I've always been lead to believe that one of the biggest drawbacks of minoxidil is that it's a growth stimulant but doesn't change the fundamental cause for hairloss DHT where as meds like finasteride and dutasteride do, but were seeing more and more minoxidil products with azelaic acid in which claims to reduce DHT on applied areas drastically, so in theory does this mean if you consistently use these products the areas they are used on will never succome to the affects of DHT ? Especially if used in conjunction with nizoral or similar products?

- - - Updated - - -

If your wondering why my post is in a different font it's because I wrote it on my iPad notepad and copy and pasted it, would let me type here earlier for some reason

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
People on here will say that there is not scientific proof that azelaic acid helps to prevent hair loss. I'm not 100% sold that it doesn't help.