Has Anyone Tried Or Thought To Try Doxycycline?

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are so, so , so wrong. Why do you thing that all tetracyclines are using on Acne !! ACNE is not a bacterial problem, no any other antibiotic works. READ PUBMED ! read clinical trial, read studies. Damn, is not so hard .

If you think that doxy or mino still kill bacteria, do a little research, this drugs have being on the market since early 70s , have you ever heard about resistance ?

If is an bacterial problem, can you please explain why Finasteride, dutasteride, spironolactone, works in acne ?

Doxycycline still has quite broad bacterial coverage.... you have no idea what you are talking about

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
im trying cetirizine topical 1% with 80% distelled water and 20% ethanol it seems to calm itch but i feel that it not piwerfull enough
Where do you get powdered cetrizine to make topical?

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Jesus. Really ? Read pubmed f*****g ignorant. You can argue with arguments .

Look at your local hospitals antibiogram... doxy has broad gram positive some gram negative and atypical coverage.

Or you can be wrong and continue to think you are right....

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at your local hospitals antibiogram... doxy has broad gram positive some gram negative and atypical coverage.

Or you can be wrong and continue to think you are right....

So ? You are telling that the problem of acne is bacterial ?!

So, minoxidil works on hair loss cause is an antihypertensive !?

So, Why doxy is prescribed, in for example, rheumatoid arthritis !?

Novel Antioxidant Properties of Doxycycline.
Immunomodulatory tetracyclines shape the intestinal inflammatory response inducing mucosal healing and resolution.

One drug can have many properties . Right now , Tetracilcines are mostly use is cause the inmuno anti inflamatories properties .

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So ? You are telling that the problem of acne is bacterial ?!

So, minoxidil works on hair loss cause is an antihypertensive !?

So, Why doxy is prescribed, in for example, rheumatoid arthritis !?

Novel Antioxidant Properties of Doxycycline.
Immunomodulatory tetracyclines shape the intestinal inflammatory response inducing mucosal healing and resolution.

One drug can have many properties . Right now , Tetracilcines are mostly use is cause the inmuno anti inflamatories properties .

Well partly yes to the acne question actually. I never said doxy wasn’t an anti-inflammatory just saying that the claim that doxy doesn’t have antibacterial activity is wrong

physicalism

Reaction score
Hm... Is there any evidence that suggests doxycycline could be beneficial for hair loss? I know doxycycline is prescribed pretty regularly at 100mg twice a day for 7-10 days for a variety of things from cysts and acne to gum infections. Doxycycline, is also available at a 20mg dose (marketed as Periostat). This is considered a subantimicrobial dose and is indicated for daily use up to 7-8 months at a time. This subclinical dose does not actually act as an antibiotic, but rather a host response modifier, and helps control the body's response to gum disease inflammation. With gum disease, the accumulation of the bacteria is not necessarily the problem, but the body's response to the bacteria, itself. The body's immune response, in killing off bacteria, kills off the periodontal ligament structure of the surrounding teeth, exacerbating pocket depth, and making self-cleansibility impossible. With male pattern baldness, DHT accumulates and slowly chokes the hair follice causing miniturization and eventual baldness. I am not sure how much host modulation therapy in the form of low dose doxycycline would help with male pattern baldness.

Hussam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking doxycycline for like 2 months to treat scalp inflammation on dose 100mg and it was useless with side effects like vomiting and so but if u want really fight scalp inflammation u have to take cefaclor antibiotics 500mg 3 times a day for 2 or 3 weeks

widow'speak

My Regimen
Reaction score
I strongly doubt doxy is going to do anything for your unless inflammation or immunoresponse is a big factor in your hairloss.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just started taking doxycycline 20mg twice a day for a separate reason (dermatitis). Gonna stay on it for a few weeks. I’m not expecting anything, but lowering inflammation is definitely a catalyst for some types of people’s hair loss. However, I think it’s just one part of the puzzle.
I’m on so many different new treatments I won’t know what to thank anymore lol.