Has anybody tried 1-800-GET-HAIR ?

tenshi

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried this or has had sucess with 1-800-GET-HAIR. I was driving to school yesterday and heard it on the radio. I called and there was some lady that could not answer most of my questions. There is a free consultation with doctor to answer your questions. I think it costs a hundred dollars a month and you need to do it for a year. Any input will be appreciated.

G

Here is a good rule to follow if it was any good you would have heard of it by now.

Hair club also ha a sillier scam and if after 2 years you go bald hey will upgrade you to a free transplant but the money you will spend on there program will be far my expensive then any hair transplant.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tenshi, eeesh! I'd watch out for something like this. Every single one of us would love to be able to call a number like that and then find out how easy it is to get our hair back or at the very least, to keep what we've got. But we live in the real world and something like this sounds very suspect to me:(

Jay Tee

Established Member
Reaction score
tenshi said:
I was wondering if anyone has tried this or has had sucess with 1-800-GET-HAIR. I was driving to school yesterday and heard it on the radio. I called and there was some lady that could not answer most of my questions. There is a free consultation with doctor to answer your questions. I think it costs a hundred dollars a month and you need to do it for a year. Any input will be appreciated.

To put it simply, DON'T DO THIS. I did, and I ended up losing more hair. It's a laser therapy treatment deal. They tell you that you can't use other hair loss treatments like Propecia at the same time. I took their advice, and of course I lost more hair by stopping my Propecia regimen. The only good side to this deal is that they promised me that I could transfer the money I paid towards a hair transplant. I had to argue with them, but in the end I got my funds applied to a hair transplant from the surgeon of my choice. Besides losing more hair, here are some other things I had to deal with:

-Misinformed staff. One lady tried to tell me that Rogaine is a DHT blocker, which is ridiculous. They had me use it but only once a day. When they finally agreed that I was losing hair instead of regrowing it, they tried to blame it on the Rogaine, so they had me stop using that as well.

-Conflicting information. One lady told me that my results were awesome (her exact words: "You should be turning cartwheels"). Other staff members agreed that I was losing hair when they saw my photos over time.

-Excuses, excuses, and more excuses. These people are NOT doctors. They are sales people. The location I went to was the same place where they did stuff like body hair removal and skin treatment like microdermabrasion. They are not hair restoration professionals as they would have you believe. In fact, the doctor they sent me to for a hair transplant consultation after they agreed the laser treatment was a failure had nothing good to say about them. I spoke with 2 other doctors after him, and they all agreed that this treatment is too new and unproven. Maybe it works for some people, but in my case it not only failed but cost me more hair.

Please don't attack me for telling you about my experience. This is what really happened, and I promise that this is what the doctors told me themselves. If you decide to go with this treatment, DO NOT stop taking Propecia or whatever you are already using. I could kick myself in the *** for stopping my Propecia regimen.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you want to try laser therapy, buy a Laser Comb. At $650, it's a lot cheaper than this overpriced scam. And by all means keep using finasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral and copper peptides.