Harley Street Hair Clinic - London

ryan-uk

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Harley Street Hair Clinic? If so what do you feel about your results?
I am considering going next year some time but costs a lot of money and really need to get some research on the place.
I'm 21 and need to do something cos atm feel completely depressed and this is my last hope...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Never heard of them but they sound like a typical UK butchers outfit.

ryan-uk

Reaction score
well... its where all the celebrities go in London in the West End. Harley street very well known. Just wanted to hear something from some one out there who has had it done. www.hshairclinic.co.uk

Petchsky

Reaction score
Really? well they must be good then :nono:

Don't believe that Ryan, There has been plenty of Harley st Doctors struck off for bad cosmetic surgery, but if you want to play Russian roulette with your scalp go ahead, or you could carry on researching hair transplants, so you're 100% sure and not make any rash decisions, up to you.

I don't know for sure they are any good, as i've never seen anyone have work done there.

EDIT: Just looked at their after photos, what a joke! some of then are right after surgery, instead of months later...man, you may as well butcher yourself, you'd be a prized twat to go there.

http://www.hshairclinic.co.uk/patients-gallery/

s.a.f

Reaction score
ryan-uk said:
well... its where all the celebrities go in London in the West End.

ROFLMAO!!! :youbet:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Will has definatley had something done, but definatley not by any UK outfit.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Harley street is indeed a *very* prestigious location, however if you ever visit there (my Psychiatrist has his practice there), you'll see that most of the buildings are many stories high (typically 4 or 5) and have several offices per floor. Some are even just "rent-a-mailbox" type affairs where dozens upon dozens of businesses share a business address and telephone answering service / mail drop.

In a nutshell, just because a business has it's address in Harley Street, it does not really give the business any more credibility than a anonymous P.O. Box.

That aside, I'm no-where near as cynical about the state of hair transplant surgery in the UK, I've personally had a procedure performed by Dr. Rogers at his clinic in Stratford which I could not be happier with :)

You're very wise to get the opinions of others, and keep checking around. Go with your gut instincts and don't be to swayed by anyones opinion but your own.

do comb in

Reaction score
Most guys will tell you that you need to travel to get the best work done. I had work done with Dr Rogers in the UK but i am going to Canada to finish the job. Density poor. Hairline alright.

Agree totally with the above poster. DO NOT be influenced by a 'fancy' business address. No way !!

Good luck
:)

Any body got good pictures of Will Young before and after?

s.a.f

Reaction score
do comb in said:
Any body got good pictures of Will Young before and after?
[attachment=1:2wdq0303]images.jpg[/attachment:2wdq0303]
About 4yrs ago verging on nw3.
[attachment=0:2wdq0303]Will Young-thumb[1].JPG[/attachment:2wdq0303]
Last year
Very subtle and very well done, conservative mature hairline allowing him to grow it out just a bit longer.
Actually it looks abit like a piece in this pic.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 2,651
  • Will Young-thumb[1].JPG
    Will Young-thumb[1].JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 626

Kojack

Reaction score
Will Young was a guest on my local radio station evening show and admitted using propecia after the DJ's sidekick joked about the DJ going bald. Will Young said something along the Lines of "It's mean to make fun of baldies, I should know I was one...... until I found out you could take pills to fix it......people think I wear a wig!"

A cynic might say this is just a cover for him having a really good Hair Transplant, and they might be right.

ch2

Reaction score
Has anyone taken a look at this clinic recently, some of their more recent photos look quite impressive

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dont even go there!! :smack:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well for a start who is the surgeon? It does'nt even name him.
A real surgeon will name the clinic after himself. And build his reputation based on it. This is clearly one of those types of places where they hire any guy available who has the most basic surgery qualifications. Much like all those nasty plastic surgery companies. Infact I would put money on it that their surgeons probably work for that type of place when their not doing hair transplant's guys who try their hand at any procedures but are masters of none.
They're clearly using the phrase Harley street as some kind of sales gimmick, when in fact it means nothing at all. Like Geminix said anyone can rent out an office in Harley street it does'nt guaranttee any degree of quality.
If they're so great how come nobodies ever heard of them.
Also the grafts quoted in those photos dont really add up NW3/4's having 1200 - 1500 grafts.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Absolutely agree with S.A.F.; Harley Street has a reputation for where all the best clinics and surgeons are based, but it's really now just a tradition.

While there are still many outstanding clinics based in Harley Street and Westminster, I would be wary of any clinic that uses the Harley Street address as their main hook to attract custom. That sort of marketing screams "circuit clinic", and they are generally best avoided or at least do considerable extra digging into their procedures if you want to ensure the best results.

A good rule of thumb (as S.A.F. has pointed out) is if the surgeon is anonymous, avoid the clinic.

ch2

Reaction score
Hi yes what you both say makes sense, I went in for a consultation with them but was disappointed.

Their estimates for grafts seemed extremely low compared to when I had consulted online with Armani, and they stated that I was a bad candidate, based on my hair being curley and curley haired people have bad donor sites. T

Other consults have said the donor site was strong. The guy doing hte consult I don't think was a doctor but a sales guy.

I will avoid, any recommendations in the UK for FUE?

GeminiX

Reaction score
ch2 said:
I will avoid, any recommendations in the UK for FUE?

I've had two strip procedures with Dr. Rogers Rogers Medial / Westminster Clinic. You can see lots of before, during and after pictures on my website.

I'm always very happy to recommend Dr. Rogers, the quality of his work is amongst the best in the world and he pioneered the "slantcision" grafting procedure that many other surgeons now also use.

That said, you should still do some more research and look into other UK clinics and overseas too, for all you know I (or anyone else on the interwebs) could be a paid shill :)

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Its so obvious Will young has just had a hair transplant or a frontal wig.....