Hairloss Impact

mjd50

Reaction score
I have a few random thoughts to vent about concerning my hairloss. I really don't talk about it with anyone so this forum is my main source "support"

I like many others have lost an incredible ammount of hair in a short period of time. I started looking at this forum in 2005 and have learned a lot. Unfortunately finasteride did not work for me. My thinning is very difuse ( I think I would win an award if there was a competition for most diffuse) I now kind of have a very fine mat of hair on my whole head with recession starting to kick in. I just started DNC so we will see if that will do anything. It is getting to the point where my whole head will be bald at the same time. Great!!

Anyway, in my own experience and through reading these posts I know how much losing your hair can affect your life. I hate to admit it but it has really been difficult to not be very depressed about it most of the waking hours.

Do you think the greater population (those not on these forums) is so devestated by this? I never hear about the extreme emotional damage it causes when it is talked about in the media. You would think that with such a negative effect on people and money available for the finder of a cure, that tons of companies would be looking into it. Are people and companies not aware of how much people would pay for and benefit from a cure??

Well that is my rant. Thanks>

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mjd50 said:
I have a few random thoughts to vent about concerning my hairloss. I really don't talk about it with anyone so this forum is my main source "support"

I like many others have lost an incredible ammount of hair in a short period of time. I started looking at this forum in 2005 and have learned a lot. Unfortunately finasteride did not work for me. My thinning is very difuse ( I think I would win an award if there was a competition for most diffuse) I now kind of have a very fine mat of hair on my whole head with recession starting to kick in. I just started DNC so we will see if that will do anything. It is getting to the point where my whole head will be bald at the same time. Great!!

Anyway, in my own experience and through reading these posts I know how much losing your hair can affect your life. I hate to admit it but it has really been difficult to not be very depressed about it most of the waking hours.

Do you think the greater population (those not on these forums) is so devestated by this? I never hear about the extreme emotional damage it causes when it is talked about in the media. You would think that with such a negative effect on people and money available for the finder of a cure, that tons of companies would be looking into it. Are people and companies not aware of how much people would pay for and benefit from a cure??

Well that is my rant. Thanks>

There's less money to be made by cures than by treaments. Treatments mean customer for life. Kinda like how the drug industry focuses on treating the symptoms and not the problems of a lot of conditions.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The companies are only too aware of the desperation of us balding men. But finding a cure is not a simple task, you're dealing with genetics and at the moment we're not that advanced.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry to disappoint, mjd50 but a cure for baldness has probably already been found and the research and patent bought and shelved by a major drugs company.

as recboi so rightly says, there is no money in finding a cure only in treating the symptoms.

in a similar and more sinister way, no doubt a cure for various cancers has also been found but that will never be allowed to be marketed not just for the above reason but also because it would be a disaster for an already overcrowded planet to have billions of people living decades longer.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's very cynical, ginald, you could use the same logic to storm the World Bank.

Curing genetic disorders is a tricky business - I don't think they've found a cure and they won't for some time. That's not to underestimate the profound emotional distress of androgenetic alopecia. It's a bastard for quality of life.

For the OP, I know plenty of bald men who never seem to give it a second thought, and I wouldn't dream of bringing the subject up with them because I don't want to make them self-conscious. For all I know they might be torturing themselves in private. Or maybe they really don't care.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginald said:
sorry to disappoint, mjd50 but a cure for baldness has probably already been found and the research and patent bought and shelved by a major drugs company.

as recboi so rightly says, there is no money in finding a cure only in treating the symptoms.

in a similar and more sinister way, no doubt a cure for various cancers has also been found but that will never be allowed to be marketed not just for the above reason but also because it would be a disaster for an already overcrowded planet to have billions of people living decades longer.
is there also a hight increasing and dick enlarging medicine that is hidden somewhere?

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
roki said:
is there also a hight increasing and dick enlarging medicine that is hidden somewhere?

would you be interested in it, if there was?

for $50 i can post you a months supply for both or $30 for a year.

sorry no guarantees, no permanent cure and definitely no moneyback...please email if interested....

oh and if you stop taking it, everything shrinks back to how it was.

doesnt sound very good to me actually and i'm sure i've heard of other products like that....but i just can't remember where at the moment.

G

ginald said:
roki said:

sorry no guarantees, no permanent cure and definitely no moneyback...please email if interested....

doesnt sound very good to me actually and i'm sure i've heard of other products like that....but i just can't remember where at the moment.

very funny ginaldi. very funny indeed. there are hundreds of thousands of people who have benefited from finasteride.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginald said:
roki said:

sounds like a good deal i wouldnt mind being very tall and having a huge dick for a year

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hehe maibe we could start a fund... they say about 50 % off the menn will get bald.. so $50 a year from 50 % off the men.. lets say 1 billion men pay 50 $ a year.
That makes 50 billion $ a year... i think we could get a cure with that amount off cash on the table.. at leest in a couple of years :D

G

I think that nearly every hair loss sufferer is terribly affected by it. It is just that most of them don´t come here and whine about it. They don´t talk about it in public since they don´t like to admit about how much it hurts them in order to not appear weak. But let me assure you that everyone of them wishes to have a Norwood 1 again. When I was an intern there was this one guy. He was short, fat, ugly and a Norwood 4-5 at the age of 28. I thought he wouldn´t be affected by his hairloss since he obviously had other weak points apart from it and he also was always funny and joking. But one day I heard him talking about he thought about a hair transplant but didn´t have enough donor hair. So in spite of him having pretty bad genes and you might have thought that it wouldn´t have mattered to him he still cared about his hair that much that he wanted to spend thousands of Dollars for a hair transplant.

G

Taugenichts said:
I think that nearly every hair loss sufferer is terribly affected by it. It is just that most of them don´t come here and whine about it. They don´t talk about it in public since they don´t like to admit about how much it hurts them in order to not appear weak. But let me assure you that everyone of them wishes to have a Norwood 1 again. When I was an intern there was this one guy. He was short, fat, ugly and a Norwood 4-5 at the age of 28. I thought he wouldn´t be affected by his hairloss since he obviously had other weak points apart from it and he also was always funny and joking. But one day I heard him talking about he thought about a hair transplant but didn´t have enough donor hair. So in spite of him having pretty bad genes and you might have thought that it wouldn´t have mattered to him he still cared about his hair that much that he wanted to spend thousands of Dollars for a hair transplant.

There you go again, talking like an American. Why would you say dollars instead of Euros??????????? You sir, are a liar!

G

Are you serious or just trying to start a flame war??

I thought that maybe some Americans don´t know much about the value of an Euro and so I used $ in order to make clear what I mean.