Hairloss causing Physcological PROBLEMS!!!!

arcillis

Reaction score
hey guyz,
its just wierd how hair loss has effected me. Anyways, its been a week now, and i have lost interest in girls. i dont know wtf is going on. anyways, like last sunday, my thoughts have been seriously been messing wid my head. For a moment i was so pissed off, that i was gonna punch myself. I was thinking why i lost interest in girls all the sudden and then thought i might have turned gay or something.....But i have no interest in guys though. The thought of homosexuality pisses me off (nothing against gay people but i dont like myself being gay). This is probably just in my head, but has anyone mind has been messed up like this. I think the only reason this in happening to me is cause of my low self esteem lately. And i wanna get over it so i am back being myself again. This is kinda worse then hairloss itself. I need help quick......so please tell me what you guyz think about it

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah when I broke up with my last g/f I was so pissed at women I lost interest in women for a bit - thats normal I think. Girls piss me off sometimes as well, and its easy to stay pissed at them.

Unless you've started craving dick I dont think you are turning gay.

Just remember that girls are no better than men, and how many a**h** guys do you know? My guess is a lot, so finding a good girl is a challenge - you have to wade through all the superficial, stuck up b****s but it will be worth it if you find a keeper.

G

Is it prassible that propecia can turn man into bummer-man(homsexual)?

Prassibly?

arcillis

Reaction score
well, i am glad to hear that its normal. cuz lately, my head is just f*****g around wid me. And i dont know how to react to it. Its like cuz the way i think, then i am like i am gay....no!!!... but that isnt true. I think i need to get interested in girls again , or this sh*t aint getting out my head. I hate the way i am feeling right now, cuz i already got enough in my head already to deal wid, and now this sh*t come along by. well, i think its cuz my sister made a comment about me cuz i was being worried about my hair too much. well, i hope i get better, or i swear i am gonna kill myself......its too much to deal wid.....any comments??????

arcillis

Reaction score
na, i think its just our confidence. and anyways, cuz of hairloss, i think alot of guy start looking at other guyz to see if they have hairloss or not. and i think we are somewhat jealous so we tend to think that we are gay cuz we are looking at other guyz. i do have to admit that since my hairloss, i have started to pay more attention to guyz then girls (just to check if they have hairloss or not) and that led me to believe that something is wrong wid me, where actually i am probably being just jealous of the other guy or somethin.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
arcillis said:
na, i think its just our confidence. and anyways, cuz of hairloss, i think alot of guy start looking at other guyz to see if they have hairloss or not. and i think we are somewhat jealous so we tend to think that we are gay cuz we are looking at other guyz. i do have to admit that since my hairloss, i have started to pay more attention to guyz then girls (just to check if they have hairloss or not) and that led me to believe that something is wrong wid me, where actually i am probably being just jealous of the other guy or somethin.

Yea what sucks is the more you think about it the worse it is.

I have had and still have issues where my brain has some crazy thoughts and it always get worse the more i think about it.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
arcillis said:
hey guyz,
its just wierd how hair loss has effected me. Anyways, its been a week now, and i have lost interest in girls. i dont know wtf is going on. anyways, like last sunday, my thoughts have been seriously been messing wid my head. For a moment i was so pissed off, that i was gonna punch myself. I was thinking why i lost interest in girls all the sudden and then thought i might have turned gay or something.....But i have no interest in guys though. The thought of homosexuality pisses me off (nothing against gay people but i dont like myself being gay). This is probably just in my head, but has anyone mind has been messed up like this. I think the only reason this in happening to me is cause of my low self esteem lately. And i wanna get over it so i am back being myself again. This is kinda worse then hairloss itself. I need help quick......so please tell me what you guyz think about it

No you are not turning gay, trust me. I went through something very similar. The problem is, you are searching for 100% certainty that you are NOT gay. And 100% certainty cannot be found in anything in life. Which is what perplexes many people. This lack of certainty is also the root problem of the disorder OCD.

The more you try to mentally "test" yourself to see if you're gay, the more anxiety you will cause. Stop thinking so much about this and stop monitoring to see if you feel any attraction towards males. Monitoring every little emotion is likely to be highly inaccurate anyway.

As my therapist told me (when I was worrying about the same thing once): "If you were gay, you would know it. You wouldn't have to ask me"

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
arcillis said:

I kind of go through that and it is hard. You r right about the confidence. The lack of it just takes away from the interest you have because you're afraid of getting dissapointed. Hang in there.

G

Don't worry about it.

You are only properly classified as 'gay' when you start feeling the urge to suck c*** and bum men.

If you start having those thoughts then you probably are gay or bisexual, but don't worry too much if you are as you will be able to get laid all the time.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Arcillis,

If you begain taking propecia just recently, then it could very well be the hormonal changes that are effecting your sex drive. I had the same feeling one morning two weeks after I began taking propecia, which was two years ago. I just woke up, sat on the couch and turned on the TV, and realized that for the first time since I can remember, I wasn't thinking about girls or sex. I wasn't thinking about guys, either.

But I was thinking about the ladies 24/7 again about 3 days after that.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guy's I am feeling you on this one. Ive had the bad times too. There is 1 sure way thru which I assure you is hard as hell! Bald guys can still get chicks, you know it. It's alot harder but it's definatly do able.

You all know I am right, just stick it out putin the hard yards and you can get thru it!