Hairloss At 21 Years Old...what To Do? | Page 18 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Hairloss At 21 Years Old...what To Do?

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by nahte42, Oct 2, 2017.

1. UberBaldaten

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've read shitposts here.

OP would you like to be my monkey to verify study at least?

Inject Dutasteride once every 3 months in scalp, none of the participants had side effects.
    Regrowth significant.
    Also baldness hurts you a lot. This comes from a guy who was once offered contracts to do modelling and approached by girls.
    Good luck in life, but I'd hop on treatments and try to restore hair and experiment with treatments( not turn myself into a woman though).

shookwun likes this.
  2. UberBaldaten

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Your dermatologist is a normie compared to users here.
    Go check out Somebody's thread. You recently lost hair and you can restore it. If you don't want to take oral finasteride ( which is dumb), then slap it across your balding head and use dermaroller.
    I started dermarolling my face along with scalp. It will make you younger ( read how to do it for face though), and there are users who used minoxidil+dermarolling and turned into fullheads. The fight is not over yet. You clearly still want to do something about it.
    I won't lie to you, you won't turn into norwood 1 fullhead, but in my opinion you can restore your hair if lucky to norwood 3-4, which will give you a lot of flexibility to get a hairtransplant later on and turn you into fullhead Chad.

AnxiousAndy and DHTpolice like this.
  3. nahte42

nahte42 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think the only way I'd inject Dutasteride into my scalp is if I saw clear pictures of pretty full regrowth online. Why does nothing believable come up with basic searches?

UberBaldaten likes this.
  4. UberBaldaten

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Is this good enough considering it was done twice in 6 months ? IJT-9-143-g001.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5596657/

AnxiousAndy, DHTpolice and nahte42 like this.
  5. AnxiousAndy

AnxiousAndy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  6. nahte42

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Not gonna deny that that's pretty impressive.

However, with me being pretty worse than the left pic, and being in a situation where I am liked by people, including girls recently (thanks to my working out and having a good body) AND with me being an "all or nothing" type of perfectionist, I still don't know that I'd do it.

Maybe. But the potential side effects (sexual and breast growth) still worry me a little.

7. nahte42

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I just want to say, on a slightly different topic, that my self-confidence has improved so much over the past few months...totally separate from my hair situation. This was my first semester at college AWAY from home (I attended a local branch for my first 2 years). I was always shy, didn't talk much, and wasn't very confident out in public or around peers. But moving away from home, and just growing up and being an adult, along with working out and being fit and athletic, it really has improved my self-esteem and reduced my social anxiety. A year ago whenever I had to speak in public or talk in front of class, my heart would pound out of my chest, and I'd stumble over my words. It was terrible.

Now, just feeling better about myself, that doesn't happen anymore. I'm still very introverted and prefer to spend a lot of time alone focusing on my own goals, but I have no fear of being around a lot of people anymore. I can give speeches and meet anyone in any position of authority and present myself with confidence and power.

And since I posted this thread, I actually made an effort to go out and make moves on girls...and have gotten a few interested. It's true that before, I wasn't even trying. Now that I exert confidence in public, I'm more attractive. So much so that I actually dug myself into the opposite "HOLE"...having girls clinging to me that I'm really NOT that interested in. One is more of a nuisance than anything else. Be careful what you wish for. Yeah, when it comes time to reveal the entirety of my hair situation, I get a little depressed inside, but a lot of people are willing to overlook it and I just have to remember that.

Probably sound so arrogant, but basically I'm just saying that most of life is how you carry yourself and overcome things. For me, it's my hair right now...I've lost a lot at a young age and yeah it sucks. But I put in a lot of hard work to build an athletic physique, I wear clothes that make me look good, I keep some stubble or facial hair that looks pretty good, and I've become more confident and assertive socially, and people like those things and are willing to overlook flaws I have that are not my fault (hair).

And I admit I feel better with some hair vs. shaving my head. (Because when I let it grow out, I still have some). So I guess I won't touch the top of my head for the foreseeable future.

#347 nahte42, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Jack Ito and Distressed like this.
  8. Runninghair

Runninghair Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Do what feels right for you mate. Your right that you may never be 100% accepting of your hairloss but despite the cliche of 'be confident' its better to rock what you got instead of hanging your head in shame. Dont take what ppl say on here to heart. They hate hairloss and are venting. Im sure you will do just fine in life. Bald by 22 sucks but it doesnt mean your lifes over like some here portray. They just let it ruin them. Look on the bright side. Whatever girls your scoring bald are likely way more maturer and switched on than the ones that wont look twice at you. By 30yo old you wont be the bald guy anymore and many more of your friends will be bald too.

9. UberBaldaten

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have jumped on finasteride when I was 19. My head has same end point like you, norwood 7 pretty much. It's diffused. I have been balding since 16. I tested my hormones before hopping and they were in middle of value. After finasteride my testosterone jumped to upper higher level.
    Side effects had scared me for 2 years since I wanted to hop on it since 17. They are pretty rare and when they happen aren't permanent. I know of surgeons who use finasteride and neurosurgeons as well, I figure they would need more of their brains than we do. I suggest you try finasteride and hop on dutasteride later on and see how you respond in 6-12 months.
    Finasteride has a half life of 8 hours, and 5ar regenerates every 3-7 days or so. So if your breasts start enlarging or your pecker stops working, you can get it cleared out of the system really fast and DHT will nuke the breast tissue.

You don't have much to lose and much to gain. I speculate that you can restore in best case to the pic of the man I posted with dutasteride+minoxidil+dermarolling. With such coverage, hair transplant would be a peace of cake.

I simply couldn't accept to be treated badly because of my looks and took the risk. I will do it again when I learn basic chemistry and make topical/injectable dutasteride.

Best of luck man, regardless whether you do or do not hop on treatments, keep fighting.

10. InvaderZim

InvaderZim Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    A hair transplant is your best option in my honest opinion.

11. Follicly_challenged

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I know your pain. However, i did the mistake of having a strip hair transplant when i was 21. If i could, i wouldn't do it.
    So yeah, just embrace your baldness and be glad you're not one of the idiots ( like me ) that got a strip scar.

12. Broran

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Man I know I'm 2 years late but I think you're head looks normal