Hairline tattoo vs transplant?

CaptainCook

Reaction score
Alright so I'm almost 22 and have been losing my hair since I was 18. I still have the same hairline (which was never very wide at the front to begin with) but it's very thin and can see my scalp when it's greasy. Been on 1mg Finn for around 5-6 months. (No idea if it's working, thinning is very slow anyway.) I'm considering trying minoxidil now too but I've heard it doesn't really work on the front of the hair. Anyhow, I need a plan. I have long hair and can completely hide my hair loss at the moment but it's still completely destroyed my confidence. I haven't gotten laid in 6 months. I can't speak to women anymore out of fear that they'll someday see me with my hair back and be repulsed by it.

I need to do something that will bring back my confidence. If I just leave my hair I'll have to shave it within the next year or so and I have too much of a baby face to pull off being bald. . So if the minoxidil doesn't thicken up my hair, I'm planning on either getting a transplant or the micro pigmentation thingy done. For arguments sake, say money isn't an issue. What would you guys do?

**hair loss is only currently at the front**

Last edited:

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't get a hair tattoo you'd probably regret it in the long run. I mean all the hair line tattoo does is mask the actual problem, if someone touches that area, or sees it up close they'll realize its all a facade. At least a hair transplant is the real thing. Real hair > Fake tattoo hair.

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
Well i was in the same boat and got smp
Believe me **** all people touch your hair
It looks so realistic no one has realozed even the people i live with
Im gonna grt a hair transplant down the track to give stubble and smp to make it look thicker
Up2u though

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try minoxidil. It does work on the front. Source: tried it.

Reaction score
Yeah man I know what you mean, my hair loss started when I was 14 and I have gotten laid since...... Or before. On a serious note, What Norwood are you rolling with? If you have are a Norwood 2.5 or something most people wont see it . I have a 2.5 going on 3 thing going on and I just call it a "distinguished" hairline. One thing I should mention is that my hair is a little longer so you can't see any thinning on the front without looking hard.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to women anymore out of fear that they'll someday see me with my hair back and be repulsed by it.

Just a comment on this. Most women arent repulsed by hair loss, and a lot of women are in fact into a bald head. Look around at dudes everywhere in various stages of hair loss, with women at their sides. Almost no one cares about this except the guy who is losing the hair (myself included). So I wouldnt worry about it to this extreme no matter what your hair looks like. Of course you can talk to women, and date them.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Teenage girls care the most, then girls in their early 20s, girls in their mid 20s, by late 20s they start to care less, and early 30s, by mid 30s to 40s most women accept it. It really depends on what life stage you're at. All women care. For younger women it's a deal breaker and sucks for younger guys. For older women it's less so. Of course we all want to get some action when we're young, and with younger women, so it's a pretty big deal.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The two guys I knew in high school who were losing their hair (basically bald) had good looking, steady girlfriends. These 2 guys radiated confidence regardless of their hair condition. What many girls (and people in general, for sure) are attracted to is confidence. You can see it in every area of life... popular radio talk show hosts, popular politicians, guys who are popular with girls. Ultimately it's about confidence not physical appearance, including hair. Not with all people obviously, but many or most. If your hair makes you unconfident and you radiate that, then I think missing social opportunities becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Some young baldish/bald or not so physically attractive guys do most definitely have nice girlfriends... the funny and/or seemingly confident ones who don't seem to care about their hair, even if they really do.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The two guys I knew in high school who were losing their hair (basically bald) had good looking, steady girlfriends. These 2 guys radiated confidence regardless of their hair condition. What many girls (and people in general, for sure) are attracted to is confidence. You can see it in every area of life... popular radio talk show hosts, popular politicians, guys who are popular with girls. Ultimately it's about confidence not hair. Not with all people obviously, but many or most. If your hair makes you unconfident and you radiate that, then I think missing social opportunities becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Some young baldish/bald guys do most definitely have nice girlfriends... the funny and/or seemingly confident ones who don't seem to care about their hair, even if they really do.

this will not end well...

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Waddaya mean?

I can tell you how it actually ended. One married his good looking girlfriend. The other ended up marrying an even better looking woman. Both have 2 kids.

I'm not saying that there's no reason to try to improve your hair, obviously I'm in the same boat. I like hair. But you know you can have a girlfriend, have a social life, even be popular and charismatic, without hair. Of course.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh my God dude... I don't know if you're being serious, being half serious, or completely joking. (I won't say "trolling" because you seem like a good dude regardless.) So I'm not sure how far to go in responding to this, because if you're joking then I'm being silly for giving a serious response, and if you're serious you obviously feel very strongly and aren't going to be convinced of anything by some random message board post. But I mean, dude,

"Your girlfriend just won't truly love you." (if you don't have hair)?

"
That's why I think these bald men in a relationship are probably getting cucked. Sorry to shatter your dreams."

No dude... just no... I haven't been "fed" anything about confidence or charisma or whatever. I have a lifetime of experience and dating experience, and I know, like, a lot of actual human beings who lost their hair and got hot girlfriends and wives who had plenty of other choices, had happy relationships and are happily married. Of course some people are only attracted to people with hair, but not all, and some girls are absolutely attracted to dudes specifically with shaved heads. Just as there are guys who have a choice of marrying a hot girl or an average looking girl and they choose the average looking one because she makes them laugh, or she's smart. And the opposite. Life is not JUST about looks - and anyway some dudes look good with shaved heads. And obviously some people have charismatic personalities and people are drawn to them. Anyone with life experience knows that. You cant really believe most of you wrote..? A girl attracted to a guy or who loves a guy with a receding hairline or a shaved head must be being "tricked", as a rule?! That's just so so wrong... again you seem like a good guy and I say this with all due respect.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ha, you don't see hot girls on the arms of the freakiest guys, all the time? And say to yourself, "how did he get her"? Some of the time, he got her because he attracted her. She's not always being "tricked". Not everyone agrees with your absolutes about what's attractive, physically or mentally.

1. People without hair can be physically attractive. Full stop.

2. People who are not physically attractive get mates all the time. Because they are attracted to them, for whatever reason. Some are better looking, some are worse looking.

You write almost as if you are on another planet. Human beings are not uniformly attracted to the same looks, the same personalities... yes there are some people who are undeniably physically attractive to most other people, and those traits have been well-documented - high cheeckbones, whatever. Johnny Depp. But then it gets very subjective. Period. I know guys who like superskinny girls, and guys who like big booty. And they swear by what they like, and are sure that's whats universally attractive - as sure as you are. There are people who love to see tattoos all over someones body, others are completely repulsed by it. And they're also convinced that what they like is absolute... as sure as you are. And they are wrong. You're sure that hair is for some reason an absolute? Ha... no way..........

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
>>People who aren't attractive don't get mates all the time. I call BS on that,

Obviously by "all the time", I did not mean that every human being has a mate. I meant it as in the expression "it rains here all the time": Often. No need to call BS.

>You're right, different women have different types. But what is universally attractive (height, symmetrical face, full head of hair) doesn't variate.

Dude my life experience tells me differently. Guys with shaved heads are hot to some girls. Have you never talked to a girl before? Some are into it. And some don't care either way.

>Lack of hair on your head is an absolute when it comes to looks. It's never considered attractive.

"Never" is a big word. I've known a lot of women who are into it... including my own wife. Before you say "she's lying", keep in mind that I've known this about her for years, but I've only started to lose hair very recently. So it's not something she says for my benefit, it's something she's into. She thinks it's sexy. As do some other women. And again, I've known several guys who started losing their hair, shaved their heads, and were attractive to women. They were not rich or famous or great looking. One was very funny. Another was "deep", "philosophical", and women were drawn to it. A third was a cool guy and played guitar. Yes, girls wanted not only to see a movie with these guys, but also have sex with them. And they did!! But whatever, this isnt about me and my wife and friends, anyone in society knows that people are attracted to different types. Yes there are studies that show that certain types are universally attractive - symmetrical face etc. But dude, what you are mistaken about is that it does mean these are the ONLY physically attractive types!! Almost everyone will agree that Johnny Depp is good looking, and indeed he has the "universally attractive" traits. But Adrien Brody, with his nose and mannerisms? You're going to get a variety of opinon. I've been in plenty of conversations with girls where one thought a guy was great looking and another thought him hideous. Have you never had a girlfriend, or a girl friend, who thought that one of your friends who is popular with girls is unattractive?! You think that's impossible, and it's not even up for debate? The studies that show that there are universally attractive traits do not in any way mean or imply that they are the ONLY traits that ALL WOMEN are attracted to.
You're just wrong, and confused. There are some people, yes, that almost everyone will say are good looking, but then there will be a variety of opinion about most of the rest. (do you remember the old website, "hot or not"? This is what it was based on. Do you think every dude was either rated a 10 or a 0?! No... NOO.... girls debate all the time about what guys are good looking or not, just like guys. Again, I'm not talking about Depp and other symmetrically perfect etc. people, but the rest). Get to know women better. :)

- - - Updated - - -

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rating attractiveness: study finds consensus among men, not women

June 25, 2009

Hot or not? Men agree on the answer. Women not so much.
There is much more consensus among men about whom they find attractive than there is among women, according to a new study by Wake Forest University psychologist Dustin Wood.
The study, co-authored by Claudia Brumbaugh of Queens College, appears in the June issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
“Men agree a lot more about who they find attractive and unattractive than women agree about who they find attractive and unattractive,” says Wood, assistant professor of psychology. “This study shows we can quantify the extent to which men agree about which women are attractive and vice versa.”
More than 4,000 participants in the study rated photographs of men and women (ages 18-25) for attractiveness on a 10-point scale ranging from “not at all” to “very.” In exchange for their participation, raters were told what characteristics they found attractive compared with the average person. The raters ranged in age from 18 to more than 70.
Before the participants judged the photographs for attractiveness, the members of the research team rated the images for how seductive, confident, thin, sensitive, stylish, curvaceous (women), muscular (men), traditional, masculine/feminine, classy, well-groomed, or upbeat the people looked.
Breaking out these factors helped the researchers figure out what common characteristics appealed most to women and men.
Men’s judgments of women’s attractiveness were based primarily around physical features and they rated highly those who looked thin and seductive. Most of the men in the study also rated photographs of women who looked confident as more attractive.
As a group, the women rating men showed some preference for thin, muscular subjects, but disagreed on how attractive many men in the study were. Some women gave high attractiveness ratings to the men other women said were not attractive at all.
“As far as we know, this is the first study to investigate whether there are differences in the level of consensus male and female raters have in their attractiveness judgments,” Wood says. “These differences have implications for the different experiences and strategies that could be expected for men and women in the dating marketplace.”
For example, women may encounter less competition from other women for the men they find attractive, he says. Men may need to invest more time and energy in attracting and then guarding their mates from other potential suitors, given that the mates they judge attractive are likely to be found attractive by many other men.
Wood says the study results have implications for eating disorders and how expectations regarding attractiveness affect behavior.
“The study helps explain why women experience stronger norms than men to obtain or maintain certain physical characteristics,” he says. “Women who are trying to impress men are likely to be found much more attractive if they meet certain physical standards, and much less if they don’t. Although men are rated as more attractive by women when they meet these physical appearance standards too, their overall judged attractiveness isn’t as tightly linked to their physical features.”

Exactly what I said, exactly the opposite of what you said. Which is a good thing, not a bad thing!

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
And hair loss might be one of big reasons women find a lot of males unattractive. Think about it, baldness doesn't discriminate, a handsome or ugly dude will be obvious less attractive than his version with hair.

lol @ 0% most attractive.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with the study you posted. Women have well-defined types.

??! You don't agree with it. You disagree with it. Did you not read it, or...? The main finding of the study is that women do not agree on what is physically attractive in a male. Full stop.

As a group, the women rating men showed some preference for thin, muscular subjects, but disagreed on how attractive many men in the study were. Some women gave high attractiveness ratings to the men other women said were not attractive at all.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The study says that women vary widely in what they find attractive. It says absolutely nothing about tolerating baldness. It says that some women expressed a preference for thin, muscular subjects, but there was not agreement on even that. It says that men were much more specific than women in what they find physically attractive, which is exactly, precisely the opposite of what you said. Articles covering the study say it like this for example:

[FONT=museo_sans]According to a new scientific study, men exhibit much more consensus when it comes to rating attractiveness than women do. The paper, authored by Wake Forest University Assistant Professor of Psychology Dustin Wood, and co-authored by Queens College expert Claudia Brumbaugh, shows that women fail to agree on whether another person is attractive or not in the way men do. Disagreement and dissension appear among them, the experts have found. The study appears in the June issue of the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.
[/FONT]

Regardless, obviously you're sure about your point of view, so, whatever. I respect your opinion, and your right to it. There's no point in going around in circles. I just hope some self-conscious kid reading this won't be convinced by you that no one will love him or ever find him attractive if he's losing his hair (or doesn't have perfect symmetrical features etc.), that's absolute nonsense. [FONT=museo_sans]

[/FONT]

psilva8

Reaction score
Does that mean women find bald men attractive? Nope. They will tolerate baldness because well, it exists.

The only advantage baldness offers to women is that they know the guy will most likely stay faithful. Because he has to.

That's why you see so many bald men in a relationship.

This is my first post on this forum after lurking for awhile. For the record, I signed up so I can view pictures, not necessarily to post.

I just wanted to say, and please take this for what it's worth, I feel VERY sorry for you. Your insecurity runs so deep, only the Pope himself could exorcise it.

psilva8

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with insecurity, and everything to do with reality.

I'm quite comfortable in my own skin, thank you. If denying the truth makes you sleep better at night, by all means, don't hesitate.

You will find a girlfriend while bald and she will love you for who you are, even with a shiny bald head. Is that what you want to hear?

I've been married for 9 years... no worries there. I would have liked to keep my hair (who wouldn't) but c'est la vie. Over the 5 years or so I've been balding I've just learned to deal with it. Finally shaved it off and realized it wasn't a death sentence. I still get hit on by girls all the time and it certainly isn't out of pity.

I will give you guys the ugly truth. If you were ugly with hair, chances are you'll be ugly without. However, if you're a decent looking guy, it isn't a death sentence. Just live your life and be happy.