Hair Transplants no longer affected by DHT ?

Divxup

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how this can be ? or it's just a myth ?

Thanks.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
They take hair from your donor area (usually the back of your head) which is, for most people, immune to DHT. Notice how pretty much every bald man doesn't lose his hair on the back or sides?

Divxup

Reaction score
yeah but.. maybe just DHT concentration there is higher ? and transplanted hairs will falls over time

Fall

Reaction score
I thought that you have to do another hair transplant some time after the first hair transplant because the results gradually vanish. Can someone clarify this?

shookwun

Reaction score
Your donor isn't completely DHT resistant although it is very resilient to the affects of androgen.

Doctors don't want to tell you this. As you get older certain hairs will be prone to falling out.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your donor isn't completely DHT resistant although it is very resilient to the affects of androgen.

Doctors don't want to tell you this. As you get older certain hairs will be prone to falling out.

Exactly... and always be cautious of the zone from which they are harvesting donor hair. I have seen some FUE and FUT way too high up, like right underneath the balding area of the crown. Looking at my father, his crown has thinned halfway down the back of his head. I once called out an hair transplant surgeon on this when he presented pics, and he replied with, "I think it's safe look at his balding pattern"... well, his balding pattern at 30 is definitely not an indicator of where it will be at 50.

shookwun

Reaction score
FUE is more prone to have thin spots, where as fut is very linear and is taken from the best zone to maximize your chances of keeping all your hair. Granted ... if it's done properly. To high could be the difference between having hair now and bald in your future.

Fall

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for making this clear. So If I had a good donor area the results would last longer? So how long do the results of a hair transplant will last? I know that is probably different for everyone but perhaps there is some rule of thumb of what can be expected. I am 29 and about NW3 and I started to notice my hair loss in my early 20s. If I would get a hair transplant in the next few years... how long could I expect results to last until I get NW1 again?

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
This is an argument to either only harvest from the core safe zone or to be very careful about when you have hair transplant so that you can see what your most DHT resistant haris are (or both). I see a lot of guys getting FUE from areas that WILL thin with time, placing those grafts at risk of falling out in years to come.

shookwun

Reaction score
Almost all of them are suspectiable to loss in the future. Especially for these larger sessions of follicles over 2500+.... 1/4 if not more of the grafts are taken outside the safe zones.

I had a procedure done for close to FUE 900 grafts. If you look closley you will see that it is directly underneath my fut scar and is within and acceptable range. An art... and not carelessly harvested from non-safe areas.

f4ham9.jpg

This patient had 1500 grafts.. so roughly 600 more then me but look how reckless the surgeon is at extracting the grafts.

Over 1/3 of those grafts are outside the safe zone.

Not only that but the punch grafts are very spread out, and lacks uniform extraction. Almost like the surgeons was just punching wherever he could without a long term plan
1z1wumo.png

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So much for the argument that "DHT is more present in the balding area of the scalp than it is on the non-balding area"...
So, we are doomed to begin with. If it's the hair itself that is programmed to die and not just an DHT infested scalp. damn you genetics.

Rajiv Kumar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me explain..

Hair transplants are performed by taking hair from one part of the scalp and surgically placing it into areas of baldness. In order for a hair transplant to be successful, the harvested hair must come from a DHT resistant area, typically the back of the head. For most men with male pattern baldness, the sides and lower portions of the scalp are not affected by DHT, so this hair may be used to repopulate bald areas. Men, and women, who suffer from diffuse hair loss, or hair loss distributed across the entire scalp, may not benefit from hair transplants, as DHT sensitivity likely affects the whole scalp.

Hope this helps

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i don't take meds my FUE thins out like crazy. I was told it would last a life time even without meds which was b/s.