Hair Transplant?

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
Im am losing hair gradually. I am currently on a Propecia + Minoxidil regimen. I've only been on Propecia for two full months. Anyways, i was wondering, when will doctors perform hair transplants... age? degree of balding? I'm twenty and hope that in about three years I will not see any dramatic decrease in hair (based on my hopes and assumptions that meds will work). At that time maybe I'll go to a Doctor and try to fill in the thin, receded spots. Will the doctor perform surgery on a Norwood 2? On a guy less than 25 yrs old?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
similar position here, im 21 and im just past norwood 2, Yes it is possible that a doctor will provide you with hair transplants etc.... after all there are 18yo girls getting nose jobs and lipo suction(spelling?)

But from what i understand(read up on this sort of thing, it's very important)
they don't just pick out some folicles from the back of your head, they remove a chunky strip of skin with hair on it, and it can leave a nasty scar.
so it's quite a big thing to do.

I just figured im balding about 2 weeks ago......but i dunno how long it's been going on, neway im gonna get on propecia(finasteride) 1 tablet a day + rogaine(minoxidil %2) + nizoral 2%(because if have a form of dermatitis anyway). From what i hear this is the regime that works....but i dunno personally coz i won't be on it till friday(today being monday)

anyway to stop babling on.... yes a doctor would do this, obviously this would be soemthing you would talk to the doctor about in great detail, because of the consequences, but you have only been on your regime for 2 months..... i read that it takes at least 4 months to see any differnce

and be aware that in 5-10 years there may be a permanent cure for this!!

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Many hair transplanet doctors will do a hair transplanet on your head. But that said a good one will not do one. The reason is your at an age that the doctor does not know if your going to loss most of your hair in the next 1 to 5 years. The second reason is that you may get hair shock in your hair when doing a hair transplanet. This happen when the body get a bad reaction from the transplanet and hair around the transplanet hair will fall ouf and your hair will look worse. Stay on propecia for one year and see how that works out.

Do not get a hair transplanet!!!!